THE Definitive Guide to the most important bass questions ever asked

If you’re going to do that, you have to do it right…

It depends™️

3 Likes

There is no contest between Mt.Dew and that ridiculous Mellow Yellow nonsense.

3 Likes

I’ve gone to Wendy’s before (they don’t have Pepsi products) and at first, I asked if they had Dew…“No, would Mello Yello work?” “No thanks I’ll have a Dr. Pepper”

There’s a restaurant I used to go to for lunch where I’d order a “caffeinated cola type beverage” because I had no idea what it was that they sold… It wasn’t coke, it wasn’t Pepsi, it might have been RC?

Also, I enjoy being ridiculous. Like the time I ordered calamari somewhere and she came back about 5 mins later to say they were out… i asked her “are you as much of a disappointment to your parents?” man, some kids have no sense of humour :joy:

2 Likes

Btw,

Not only is Dr Pepper acceptable because I used to work for them, we actually bottle about 40% of the stuff for them, so, cha-ching $$$…it counts!

1 Like

Q. Should I start wearing Adult diapers so I can practice longer?
A. Depends
81Dbs2erIoL.SX425

9 Likes

unnamed

6 Likes

Oh dear. Poor RC.
In high school I worked at Dominos delivering and making what they call “pizza”. We also sold cola. The el cheapo owner of the franchise would only sell RC because he could get it for $0.08/can. Coke was $0.16/can and Pepsi was $0.25/can.

So the smallest mfg with the highest COGS and mfg costs cost the least….anyone want to guess why? Oh hell, I’ll tell ya’s…… marketeers!!

5 Likes

RC. Well, at least it’s not Shasta.

4 Likes

….on if you live with other humans or if you live alone and own a bucket

3 Likes

9 Likes

Hey now!

2 Likes

It’s good to be The KIng

4 Likes

It’s pretty common to play blues and jazz sitting and pretty much all classical and theatre. BB used to stand a fair amount when he was younger and in better health

How many people stand in an orchestra? Even wind and brass sit.

I don’t think standing became all that popular until rock became a thing in the 50s.

I’m just trying to imagine an ACDC concert where everyone is sitting down on stage :thinking:

4 Likes

I don’t care whether a musician stands or sits, but some of the best musicians I have seen sat. Saw an Eagles concert with Joe Walsh sitting on the drum riser for much of the show. Clapton too drunk to stand, but not to play. JJ Cale, one of my favorites, sat a lot. Leon Redbone. Just representing.

Angus is a force of nature, but Malcolm is my idol.

5 Likes

I’ll second that sentiment about Malcolm @Wombat-metal . So underrated in the eyes of so many and yet his driving rhythm certainly made so many AC/DC songs what they are

3 Likes

The Conductor, Bass drum, Timpani, Xylophone :slightly_smiling_face:

Conductor :rofl:

edit: ahh you got it just before my comment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also the bass player, if the orchestra has a double bass :slight_smile:

1 Like

So it depends :rofl:

3 Likes