The Fender Sunburst turntable

This is a real item.

3 Likes

I bet they sell.

I am too used to the over the top marketing in Japan and think I’m desensitized.

1 Like

To me it cheapens the brand when established companies start allowing their logos to be used on other items but at least it’s a musical device.

1 Like

If I still had the hundred or so vinyl LP albums I used to have, I might consider getting this . . . :thinking:

Remember setting the skating and tracking force and balancing the arm? Don’t forget cleaning the stylus! . . . lol :crazy_face:

Still . . . $3500 is a lot of cash to splurge.

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

The Babymetal Wagon. And the same site has masking tape for an artist I don’t recognize.

Like I said, I’m desensitized

1 Like

$3500?! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Yes, I just Googled the price . . . that’s a bit rich, but they say they’re only making 1,000 units, so maybe it would be an investment.

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

I have a $500 turntable. If I’m buying a $3500 turntable it ain’t this one.

2 Likes

Yeah, the more I think about it . . . the more agree with you! :wink:

Cheers
Joe

But it’s a Fender! :laughing:

1 Like

But, but, but, check out the specs!
I better go sell a kidney so I can buy one before they’re gone!

FENDER® X MOFI® PRECISIONDECK TURNTABLE

Model #: 9190021010

ULTRA TONEARM

Custom-developed and manufactured in the USA, the 10-inch Ultra tonearm uses smooth, high-quality ball bearings for low friction in the vertical and horizontal plane so all you hear is what is in the grooves. Cardas Audio wiring maintains signal purity from the headshell leads all the way through to the high-quality, gold-plated RCA connectors.

ISOLATED AC SYNCHRONOUS MOTOR

Our stepped-pulley AC motor provides excellent speed stability for pitch accuracy and rhythmic drive. The Delrin® pulley has two positions for 33 1/3 and 45 RPM speed selection. Motor vibrations are kept away from the platter and stylus by using advanced dampening materials that decouple the motor from the rest of the turntable.

ANTI-VIBRATION FEET BY HRS

Any vibration of the stylus that is not created by the grooves in the record is a distortion that will mask musical detail. Developed in conjunction with the engineering team at Harmonic Resolution Systems, the world leader in vibration isolation for audio equipment, the included MoFi anti-vibration feet isolate your turntable from bad vibrations.

1.3-INCH DELRIN® PLATTER

UltraDeck features a massive 1.3-inch Delrin® platter. The increased mass creates blacker sonic backgrounds and a lower noise floor. Delrin® is a next-generation polymer developed by Dupont. In the world of audio, Delrin’s® highly crystalline structure presents a wonderful impedance match to vinyl records, effectively grounding unwanted noise and keeping it away from the stylus.

STAINLESS STEEL INVERTED BEARING

Our hardened stainless steel inverted bearing system is designed for smooth, quiet rotational stability. The extremely low tolerance combination of steel, bronze, and sapphire—found in much more expensive turntables—will provide you many years of high-performance playback.

WELL-DAMPED BILLET ALUMINUM BODY

The well-damped billet aluminum body controls resonances for tight, accurate bass reproduction. MasterTracker has the lightest-weight magnets in the Tracker Series, delivering the kind of detailed, open performance normally attributed to high-end moving-coil cartridges.

MICRO-LINE DIAMOND STYLUS

By using a Micro-Line diamond stylus shaped like the cutting head of a record lathe, MasterTracker traces vinyl groove walls with microscopic precision.

FEATURES

• Ash plinth by Fender® optimized for low resonance
  • 33-1/3 / 45.0 RPM belt drive turntable
  • Custom design and manufactured in the USA
  • 10-inch MoFi® Ultra Tonearm
  • 1.3-inch Delrin® platter
  • Isolated 300 RPM AC synchronous motor
  • Anti-Vibration feet designed by HRS
  • Iconic 3-Color Sunburst Finish by Fender® MasterTracker Cartridge
    • V-Twin dual-magnet generator
    • Micro-Line stylus and tapered cantilever
    • Well-damped billet aluminum body
    • Ohno continuous cast copper coils
    • 3mV output

You can get the matching pen while you’re at it. That one is only $199.99.

FENDER™ RECLAIMED WOOD PEN

Model #: 9112020103

This pen was handcrafted by Artisan Kate Harrow of Bow & Harrow Workshop using recycled timber from Fender® guitars. These supplemental cuts of wood are left behind after the manufacturing of Fenders® electric guitars.

FEATURES

• Rollerball style tip
  • Enjoy vivid, bold lines without skipping or blobbing even on glossy paper
  • Made from Ash, Alder, and Mohogany wood
  • Includes 1 pen refill

This is essentially a MoFi turntable that retails for $2499.
So the fender decal and the hunk of wood coats you $1000

1 Like

I think i will stick with my Rega P3.
It works just fine,
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Yea not really familiar with turntables. I was being sarcastic! :slight_smile:

you can pair it up with these headphones

2 Likes

Ok that’s actually hilarious.

These are actually a thing, they are used to pull kids around in.

2 Likes

I’m afraid to even make any jokes about that :joy: but i usually only see street food vendors with carts like that :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

At halloween here there’s huge parties all over the place and particularly in Shibuya, they are kind of a large event out on the streets with everyone in costume. My favorite costume I have ever seen was this group of college students that made a giant baby cart, put on the kodomo-helmets and jumpsuits, and had a big mobile party that they pulled around :rofl:

2 Likes

Yea these days you make the wrong joke and the cancel mob shows up at your door and burns your house down!

3 Likes