The Friendliest Forum

Who knew I needed a MIDI controller? All that money sitting wasting away in my account and yet you guys helped me get rid of some of it. It’s a valuable service that’s provided here!

9 Likes

Same here, I thought I needed a piano keyboard, but it turned out I needed a MIDI controller that pretends to be a piano keyboard, plus has the ability to pretend it’s trumpet, saxaphone, clarinet, tuba… you name it.
Who knew I needed those huge studio monitors? This forum let me know that I do.
It goes on and on. This a very friendly place to find out how to dispose of that evil money that’s sitting in the bank.

7 Likes

I used to have a bumper sticker that read ‘THIS IS HOW I’M SPENDING MY KID’S INHERITANCE’ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

What if you have got Alfa Romeo with Ferraris engine block? :rofl:

4 Likes

Then you probably have a tow truck too :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ouch :rofl:

I drive an Alfa and love it to pieces :smile:

6 Likes

Yeah, they are great, I’m just kidding :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Crap, I see this opinion is worldwide not just local :rofl:

Tbh I never towed mine when I had it. It never left me stranded, but however I like my toys to be in perfect shape no matter the cost.

6 Likes

Yeah, but there is some/a lot of truth in your tongue-in-cheek remark as well - they are Italian after all, so you put up with a lot for the looks and the way they drive :grin:

6 Likes

Hey I had an Alfa when I was living in Germany. Superb car. Back when I was young and had unimaginable disposable income :grinning:

9 Likes

Guys, according to this we could own talkass.com for the low-low price of $1,700.

But really, I’m glad there’s a place you can go on the internet where people can talk guitars and have it not be endless pissing contests and ego stroking. There’s enough actual talkass.com on the market, already.

11 Likes

I think part of why this forum is so inviting and friendly is that, as a sort of shadow community, bass players are too often the objects of ridicule by other musicians whose instruments are more out front. Bassists tend to have a common PTSD so this forum acts as a 12-step program.

Also, we are sensitive to beginners who don’t understand theory or gear.

8 Likes

Man that’s rough. Hope you heal quickly, don’t know how I missed this post.

Keep in touch.

If you want to keep chugging along there’s always those pedals Geddy used to keep his bass lines while playing keyboard

6 Likes