The NEW Silver Snark

Snark has a new clip on tuner for $20 that’s supposed to give better response for bass.

Has anyone tried it?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SilverSnark--snark-silver-snark-clip-on-chromatic-tuner

5 Likes

I’ve got a Snark clip on and really wasn’t happy with it so I haven’t used it in a long time. I think @JoshFossgreen had posted somewhere that he’s not crazy about Snarks either. Who knows, maybe this one is better.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping.

3 Likes

Korg PitchCrow is also like $20 and is fine.

4 Likes

Haven’t tried that one, but I’m happy with my snark - with the exception of one thing, which this snark seems to share: the clips on the back, that hold the post to the face, have broken on mine. That renders the tuner useless, and there’s not a easy fix for it. Other than that, I’ve watched comparisons of clip-on tuners, and the snark seems to perform well. I’d be interested in hearing whether someone notices better performance from this one as well…

4 Likes

Haven’t tried the new gen, but I notice they still don’t publish “this is accurate with +/- [insert number here] cents”, which is pretty standard in the tuner industry. Shouldn’t you know exactly how accurate something is supposed to be so you can decide if you want to buy it?

I contacted them about their previous line years ago and they said “we don’t publish that information.” Which I translated as “please don’t buy our products,” and that’s been my recommendation to students ever since!

11 Likes

I have never liked any clip on tuner I’ve tried. They all seem to have issues with the low B. I got a polytune 3 pedal instead.

7 Likes

Yeah inline pedal tuners are way, way better.

3 Likes

I have that also, it’s very accurate.

3 Likes

Did anybody ever figure out how to turn off the polytune function on the Polytune?

I hated how it would flip back and forth to the multistring display when I was trying to tune. I ended up taking it back and getting a Boss TU-3. It’s a shame since I liked the overall display on the Polytune much better. If I had extra money to burn, the display on the Peterson StroboStomp is the nicest I’ve seen so far.

4 Likes

I have a Boss tuner pedal as well. It’s in with my road gear.

4 Likes

I got the Pererson SP-1 and use the others to close potato chip bags.

4 Likes

Mine works fine (black one). My friend has an amazing ear and he’s never complained about my tuning.

3 Likes

The Super Snark 2 is what I purchased recently. Not sure of the specs, but I can say it works nice and is very fast. I tune to ear after I use an tuner anyway, but this one seems very accurate.

3 Likes

Yeah, me too, TU-2. Solid and reliable.

4 Likes

Switch it to bass mode! I forget how exactly, it’s in the manual somewhere…

4 Likes