The Official BassBuzz Food Thread

Garnish for one helluva martini?

1 Like

Not right now but if you salt it and dry it in 2 months you’ll win what I’m eating.

1 Like

How do you dry it?

I showed my wife my peeling accomplishment the other day, and she asked me why I didn’t just use the peeler, that it would be much easier. It had never donned on me that you could use a peeler on an orange. Go figure! lol

Anyways she was right. Ok I’m done with oranges!

3 Likes

Got some skills there. Every Asian chefs love to do the cucumbers sheets technique. It’s such pain but we are all think like it’s a rite of passage so we don’t complain. Lol.

It looks Ike you are doing it right too peeling it inward as most people automatically peel outward.

As for orange peel. The western way usually cut them in strips the bake dry in the oven then candied them. The whole process could take 30 mins to 2 hours.

Eastern way takes a bit longer as they are salted then air dry for well up to a month. I’ve never done it but where I buy these there are a few different version some are 2 weeks some are 1-2 months.

2 Likes

The wife cooked today. Can you tell she’s been watching MasterChef? :laughing:

8 Likes

:yum: :yum: :yum:

3 Likes

We went out for Korean today. SWMBO had kibimbap, I had the Kimchi Jigae, and then we shared some dumplings. The kids preferred 'zza.

2 Likes

We have an indian place near us in a heavily indian neighborhood that half the menu is pizza and hot dogs cuz when families come in their kids only want american food.

2 Likes

So many good Korean bread things, you could have trolled them and told them it was pizza :slight_smile:

1 Like

The 13 year old is unfoolable in this respect. He’s turning into quite a foodie. However, other than American-Italian and Polish food he likes Middle Eastern and Mexican.

The 7 and 10 year olds, well… They’re a story to themselves.

Anyhow, @itsratso is right. My wife and I aren’t going to spoil our dinners by watching those three monsters pick away at their food and throw 3/4 of it out. To paraphrase Marie Antoinette, let them eat pizza.

3 Likes

Now I want some Jjigae and Hwe Dup Bap.

2 Likes

Tried my hand at brunch today. Some kind of Huevos Rancheros Ham and Cheese sandwich. Not sure the pickles really fit but I needed a garnish.

4 Likes

I just finished my red-neck lunch. Zeigler bologna with cheddar cheese and mayonnaise. Hmm, Hmm, good!

4 Likes

Bologna and mayo sandwiches bring back childhood memories!

1 Like

Mawmaw used to make fried baloney sandwiches with cheese and mayo, chips and a grape Nehi for lunch. We would sit on her front porch in the summertime and eat, sweating in the high humidity of an Alabama summer. Good times. Those kinds of experiences are sadly missing in todays society.

3 Likes

"E"ating "A"nd "D"rinking "G"rapes

6 Likes

Sakura Chicken from my mother in law:

So good. One of my favorites. Chicken lightly battered, wrapped in sakura leaves, and fried.

10 Likes

My go to comfort sandwich: baguette or Kaiser bun, sliced or crumbled old cheddar and sliced sugar onion. My wife calls it an hors d’ouevre for Listerine, but I don’t care. I love it.

4 Likes

That looks good!

2 Likes