The Official BassBuzz Food Thread

just made this 2 days ago! a definite fave.

2 Likes

Gonna veer hard left to Pizza Town for a minute… just pulled these lovelies from the oven. One vanished in record time and the second one won’t last much longer!

(Pepperoni, sausage, and mushroom up front - Pepperoni only in the rear)

7 Likes

Ooh. Jelly.

3 Likes

Dang I want pizza now!

3 Likes

Me too and I just ate. :joy:

3 Likes

Shakshuka is the Israeli version.

In Tunisia they call it Ojja, and serve it with a spicy lamb sausage called merguez (ojja merguez). It’s spiced with harissa, which is a chilli paste flavored with Tunisian 5-spice. Delicious.

Shakshuka was likely brought to Israel from Tunisia and Algeria by the Jews settling there in the 20s and 30s.

2 Likes

I love Harissa sauce. Goes great with kebab. Or any other meat dish really. And most veggie dishes.

1 Like

There’s a place here that does “street chicken” with yogurt / harissa sauce that’s one of the best things I’ve ever eaten.

I continue to patiently wait for harissa to dethrone sriracha as the fad hot sauce o’ the day and take its rightful place on the thrown.

2 Likes

Keep it warm, we’ll be there in an hour… :drooling_face:

/me = guilty… with NO REMORSE! more… now… please… PLEASE?! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE???

1 Like

I’m sensing your not much of a Tahou’s guy :rofl:

1 Like

im sorry my friend… i know this hurts to hear… but tahou’s… kind of… sucks. :rofl:

ill take a dogtown plate any day tho.

EDIT: since literally everyone else on the forum has no idea WTF we are talking about:

Dogtown is great, but I’m old school on plates lol

1 Like

This. The only place for sriracha is mixed into soy sauce for dipping dim sum. Elsewise it’s Harissa for the big W.

2 Likes

You know what sounds really good right now, Iskender Kebab with Harissa. Some places do it. Not strictly authentic but awesome.

Not that the normal Iskender needs much improvement, it’s amazing already.

2 Likes

One of those days, I am going to come over… and I don’t even want to see your basses :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:laughing: If only someone could craft a bass shaped pizza peel…

@Barney - is this something in your wheel-house? :thinking:

1 Like

Afghan khofta kebab with harissa also works well. Very well. Gloriously, insanely, addixtively well.

2 Likes

Wait what? Lol. actually I just do the Asian mustard with soy when it comes to dim sum, occasionally I’d have some Sambal. I grew in a Dim Sum restaurant I’ve never eaten one with Sriracha.

I love harissa, Trader Joe’s has one of my favorite bottle.

Sriracha is great, haters be quiet. But I agree it’s best when mixed. Try it with mayo for a sandwich spread.