The Official BassBuzz Food Thread

To me…

The red one is a lot thicker, and packs a stronger pepper taste.
The green one is more watery, and packs a more acidic flavor.

2 Likes

I usually add sugar to both just to round it out a bit, lol.

1 Like

Today’s treat. I have mad:

The non-voltaic version is called Zero People Skills

2 Likes

It’s mango season so today we picked some.

2 Likes

Japan lunch #1
Pretty, and delicious.

7 Likes

Yokoso!

3 Likes

I Love that! Yummy @John_E

I went the other route, clearly lol. My wife and I went to a Stack house on Route 66. This would last a few meals.

1 Like

My daughter watches videos on YouTube about Wagu beef and she kept asking about it. I told her she had it several time but she doesn’t remember. My wife walked into her trap and here we are, lol.

4 Likes

Ooh. Wagyu gyushabu. Nice.

Would have made some prime sukiyaki too. And lol is that fridge yours? How much did you get?

1 Like

Lol. If that’s my fridge then I’ll be set for another covid lockdown.

This is pretty good. I love the wagon tartare I just don’t do raw egg yolk. My daughter liked the nigiri. She tried the tartare but it didn’t have enough seasoning for her a
Ms I guess it’s too early for raw sweet shrimps.

Oh my my.
My most favorite meal last week in Japan was Japanese BBQ and the Wagu.
Holy yum Batman.

3 Likes

I love that so much with some dishes (primarily sukiyaki). But it takes some steeling of the nerves for an American to eat raw egg.

1 Like

Ahh yeah. Yakiniku is so so good.

1 Like

Yeah, my body is not adjusting well with raw yolk. I do a egg yolk sauce (sous vide) which is runny but fully cooked. I have a bottle in my fridge at all time, it’s about a dozen yolk per bottle.

Usually for sukiyaki you whip up the whole egg raw in a bowl and dip in it with the really heavily sauced up beef from the pan. A lot of the sauce also get in the egg and over time it just kind of becomes awesome. Adding some togarashi can also be good.

3 Likes

Ichimi or nanami? I love them both!

I haven’t been brave enough to try the raw egg when I do sukiyaki, perhaps one day…

2 Likes

Either works! I usually use shichimi (the seven spice one - same thing as nana-iro togarashi).

1 Like

i am not a big fan of cooked bell peppers, so i have avoided this dish until now: shakshuka (a heavily spiced stew of peppers, garlic, and tomatoes with a couple of eggs poached right in the sauce, topped with cilantro and feta cheese, and i added a couple of pieces of toasted chibatta). my first time making it and eating and i gotta say - one of the best things i have ever eaten. if you are interested i made the ‘traditional’ version from KWOOWK:

4 Likes

Yeah! that’s awesome, kinda like the topping of the KatsuDon. Delish!!

1 Like

Yep or Oyakodon, which also has sansho. Love it.

(Love that the dish name literally means ‘parent and child over rice’. Chicken and egg, lol.)