The Quarantine Musical Discovery Game

Hey all fellow confined 'buzzians ! :grin:

we’re playing a musical game with some friends on Facebook and I though it could be transposed here.

The rules are extremely simple : I’ll start posting a music video. For everyone who will like it, I will give an individual letter. Each one will have to post a song from a band with the name begining with the letter. Then, everyone who will like the post will receive a letter (from the one who chose the song), and so on.

My first one will be a pretty popular song to hopefully get a lot of “likes” and start the game. Let’s say I start with a “J” …

:v: :grin:

6 Likes

OK, I’ll bite :grin: even though my hand was shaking to give a “like” to the girl we love to hate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now, what??

1 Like

now @joergkutter you play with a “S” !

1 Like

OK, here is Santana and “Se a Cabo” (this is a version with a long intro… the actual song starts around the 3 minute mark)

Incidentally, the main bass line has a lot in common with Billie Jean :grin:

2 Likes

@eric.kiser : M !

OK, so if I get this right, I give @howard a “G” to work with, right!?! :wink:

1 Like

exactly, and so on until the end of times ! (which might come soon :sweat_smile: )

Did you just give me a “like”, Laurent?? I can’t see that to be sure… but, if you did, how would you like a “Z”???

1 Like

yes I liked :grin: … by the way it’s possible to like a video just to play :v::grin:

and I can do something with a Z … :

RIP Caleb Scofield :kissing_heart:

G is easy peasy :slight_smile:

1 Like

would have done better with a “G” but yeah, OK, not too bad :grin: for some reason those grunge-pop things kinda still work. It’s like Veruca Salt, don’t know how it works but, still, not bad … :grin:

2 Likes

Ha, the crazy thing about this thread is you can’t dish out “likes” unless you want to get more letters :crazy_face:

2 Likes

a pretty good time to fuck up everything indeed :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, it is almost like “he said the f-word… everybody have a drink!!” :joy:

1 Like

Almost went with GWAR :slight_smile:

1 Like

And @terb gets Q. Special rule: no Queen (too obvious :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man, you are still up!?! Do you know these guys?? (sorry, about the audio quality; probably recorded on a phone). Anyway, the bass player is wielding a beautiful Mayones…

(Sorry, outside the game/competition, obviously!!)

1 Like

Like and like above! (But without liking :slight_smile:), this could get endless!

2 Likes

wow, nope, never heard of them :slight_smile:

and yeah insomnia

1 Like

@howard gives me a Q (with a no-Queen WTF rule), OK, I give this

(this song may be the subject of a future cover … the bass line is extremely easy but it’s fine when you don’t have much time :grin: )

1 Like