The Quarantine Musical Discovery Game

Royal Crescent Mob in with a really solid LL Cool J cover:

1 Like

Alright, I decided to not go with the even though the band has the in the name.

Sorry for not giving you a letter Terb. I give both you and Howard a K. Also I am ready for another letter if someone wants to give one. This is fun!

excellent song @howard ! some kind of old school fusion, love it !

K - well, I’ve posted a lot of Kiyoshi already, so I’ll go with Kasabian

2 Likes

Yeah I love that cover so much!

I can do a lot of things with a K … like Kylesa or Karma To Burn … but no, I’m going very hardcore here with some extreme sludge-doom-black-metal. love this album so much I bought it both in CD and LP :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

that’s the album I listened to after my last surgery :joy: not bad when you’re loaded with morphine.

Kongh - Adapt The Void

1 Like

Speaking of amazing covers, this is what I was originally gonna post for “R” :slight_smile:

RevCo is a post-industrial supergroup I used to love back in the day. I mean I still rock them all time, but I was in to them back then too. The band and its associated extended members is like a who’s who of the electro-industrial scene in the late '80s - members from Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Front 242, Killing Joke, even a bit with Trent Reznor.

Their stuff is not for the easily offended (as they more or less try to offend everyone.) Rod Stewart tried to get this banned. The original video was banned (it was pretty extreme.)

3 Likes

And quite successfully, I might add.
Jesus, do people listen to this stuff to experience musical enjoyment? :wink:

1 Like

Oh, you’d probably be surprised what people do for enjoyment while listening to this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@howard you have a Z ! :fearful: I use a random letter app, this one is not the easiest one !

1 Like

Ooh this is harder. I am limiting this to stuff I actually listen to, so no Zappa. Need to think about this one.

I had nothing. I mean I like ZZ Top but never really listen to them any more. Never liked Zepplin, I know, sacrilege, but I don’t care.

So I randomly found these guys and I love their video so I’ll go with them :slight_smile:

1 Like

same …

1 Like

@terb gets an O

1 Like

Oathbreaker would be too obvious … so, go for Ocoai !

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

@Gio you have a H !

1 Like

Siiiiick.
I gotta go with my first instinct, and one of my first true Riff Loves:
Helmet.
I won’t pull a classic from Meantime - rather, I’ll go with the lead track on their 3rd release, 2nd major label release, “betty.”
This was where I fell in love with polyrhythms, tight riffing rhythm sections, and sweet hooks. And noise.

Enjoy all:

3 Likes

Speaking of quarantine and bass:

1 Like