@thebanjoplayer User Video Index

Here’s some raw footage from a first-time meetup/audition/rehearsal (?) of the blues band I hope to become a part of.

That’s me on bass, obviously.

I think it turned out pretty good, especially considering that this was literally the first time we had ever met each other; we were just given a list of tunes by the bandleader (guitar/vocals @ stage right) a few days in advance and told when and where to meet.

On the front end, I felt slightly outclassed since the BL has gigged with much better-qualified folks in the past, including some NOLA pros. Also, the guitarist @ stage left mentioned something about having worked as a studio musician. So, I felt like a rank amateur in comparison. The drummer has played since childhood; I’ve been on bass since January of this year! Oh, and I’m still recovering from the flu :face_with_thermometer:

Listening back, though, I realize that I’m pretty much holding my own — not making any more mistakes than anyone else, I guess.

1st time together with the new band

7 Likes

wow this sounds fantastic @thebanjoplayer !!!

2 Likes

Sounds great.

1 Like

You are definitely holding your own @thebanjoplayer and then some! Sounds great!

1 Like

For some reason it keeps saying that the video is private @thebanjoplayer ?.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Yeah. Unfortunately, the bandleader, who is the video owner, pulled it down shortly after posting it for us to see. I didn’t know that was his plan, or I wouldn’t have put it up on BB. Sorry about that. I think his idea is that it’s a first rehearsal not a finished product, therefore he doesn’t want it on his YT channel when he’s booking gigs. Hopefully, we will do something “professional” looking soon, and that will be posted permanently.

3 Likes

Here’s the band I’ve arduously put together over the last few months. Clip one: My new band (1) And clip two: My new band (2)

4 Likes

This was actually the first time we ever all got together. It started as the drummer and me. We met while trying out for the blues band (the one that I first tried to share video of). Then, we found a guitarist. Then, the three of us worked hard to find a suitable lead singer. We tried out a few, males and females, until finding someone. We eventually decided to go with both — the top guy and top girl — and the lady had a longtime musical partner who she wanted to bring along. The videos linked above were taken the first day we met the new lady/the first day either of the ladies had met the dude. All that to say, this video is basically us recording our first official rehearsal.
I think we are off to a good start!

2 Likes

Nice!
The only thing I see as a problem is the cup and bottle are not shaking off your amp, which means its too low! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes