Things that inspire you to improve

I wanted to share this with you since some of you might get same hype and inspiration.

As of lately I’m really in a mood to learn double thumbing cause of this. I wanna play this riff.
The groove is so over the top to me.

I want you guys to share your own things that inspire you, which might help inspire the others.

8 Likes

Nice Paranormal he has :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Look and sounds sweet indeed.

1 Like

And then here’s me trying to learn how to improvise.

8 Likes

Good for you, @Growl . . . :slight_smile:

3 Likes
1 Like

And then here’s me trying to learn how to improvise

–Needs more cowbell

2 Likes

This was moments after drummer accidentally found cowbell laying in the corner of the studio. Cowbell hype.

1 Like

The realisation that there are thing that I want to achieve, and the fact that I’m not anywhere near there yet.

1 Like

Every time I finish recording some bass part and I realize that to recreate exactly the melody I have in my mind I need to work hard on nuances of plucking hand and all the little dances on the fretboard. Personally the main focus of improvement for me is dexterity and the REIGN OVER DYNAMICS! Long way to go!

1 Like

I could not stop looking at the Bass players fretting hand wrist angle and thinking he would benefit from the B2B course :slightly_smiling_face:

1. I don’t care what anyone says, a well played accordian is magic.
  2. There is so much great music in the world no one will hear, which is why I like when people post things on this forum I have never heard of.
  3. There is so much crap music in the world that we are forced to hear. This is sad.
4 Likes

Signing this.

Nemophila inspires me. No one has more fun playing, and boy do I want to play like Haraguchi-san on bass.

But they also just make it work, like Tamu’s son wanting mommy in the middle of the song. This is life. We’re all dealing.

5 Likes

Right now i’m working on agility and speed stuff on levels 7 and 8 of Yousician which is a real challenge and lots of fun! Ok, it’s like 50% fun and 50% “i need to stop but i’ll just do it one more time” until i worry that i might be getting OCD :smiley:

3 Likes

I know this only too well! And 10 minutes practice becomes 2 hours :joy:

3 Likes

I usually start playing around 11pm or midnight so that never works out well for me… As I assure myself that as long as I get to sleep by 4am, I’ll be ok :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes
1 Like

Wow, that guy is the master of ghost notes

1 Like

This is way above my pay grade but I would love to be at this level. I would also like to get together with his bass. He probably has a pretty cool lifestyle as well - I can imagine he flew in by helicopter to this gig from his chateau in the mountains

2 Likes