This bass is a monster!

I stopped reading iBook or ebook a while back. Ive been doing audiobooks instead. Last year I listened to over 60 books 24 were bought last year. It does has the disadvantages but it was convenient.

I started audiobooks a while ago and my computer says that the folders used to store all the free stuff online turned up in 2009, but took off in 2013. Once I listened to all the good free stuff around (There is some garbage free stuff) I bit the bullet and went to audible. Currently, my reading time end to end is 4 months, 28 days, 13 hours and 1 minute. There’s probably at least another 3 months in free stuff…

I’ve found no decent bass related audiobooks yet. The audible ones were hilarious. Massive jumps in assumed knowledge… Not recommended at all.

1 Like

Most bass books require some kind of photo/illustration so it’s pretty hard to make an instructional book at least. I don’t really like audiobooks because whenever I’m listening to something, I’m usually not listening to it very carefully which means I won’t retain as much as if I read it. I’ll often re-read parts to make sure I fully absorb and understand them.

Every now and then I’ll have to tap the 30 second rewind button. For the most part, I can’t remember if I’ve read a book or listened to it. I remember watching the movie that I’m directing in my head.
There are general music theory audiobooks which come with a few sheets to look at for some concepts.
The bass audiobooks talked about the basics and then immediately went into things that they didn’t explain at all, which is death to any instruction type, regardless of what they’re trying to teach.

2 Likes