This bass is a monster!

When B0 just isn’t low enough :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Geez, the wobble on that low string is something.

2 Likes

That guy is the Porcupine Tree tour bassist. Dude jams.

4 Likes

I almost kinda feel like listening to that video with headphones has rearranged some of my insides without my approval.

5 Likes

He’s one of my favourite bassists, he’s amazingly skilled and I rarely hear anyone mention his name. The dubstep stuff that he does with the Hot Hand thumb controller is pretty cool! His book BASS is really good too.

He needs to jam less and put more stuff up on his patreon :joy:

3 Likes

I thought a tear in the space-time continuum might open up inside my head :laughing: E0 is 20.6 Hz, that’s crazy low for a bass.

Might need these headphones to listen to that sort of thing :joy: https://youtu.be/lLN-KzBJQig

1 Like

Play that at the zoo and you’ll get some elephant stampede, lol.

2 Likes

Someone was saying recently they were going to buy a big boy bass and I did say one needs 42 inches for that :smiley:

I’m so glad he provided tabs too :joy:

1 Like

I wonder how it would sound out of my amp. That would be epic.

2 Likes

I’d be worried about creating a gravitational singularity… if you’re lucky, maybe you’ll discover a method of cold fusion that works :joy:

2 Likes

It would look normal on @John_E and @JerryP lol.

2 Likes

Sort of related to this, I recently discovered that there’s an octave violin aka “chin cello”. It’s weird hearing tones that low come out of something so small :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh hey! I just looked it up. They made 2 of my basses. One I already have the Fretless and another is in progress. I went the other direction from Nate, short scale.

This is mine

2 Likes

I watched that video before I ever saw you share it on the forum here which was cool. They do amazing work!

When I see the company name I can’t help but think of the joke about “Ligma” :joy:

1 Like

Nate’s pretty famous, been around a long time.

Yeah he’s awesome, not flashy like Davie or Charles but just a solid youtube presence.

2 Likes

It would look like ukulele on @JoshFossgreen.

3 Likes

That book does look good! Added to my wishlist. Not buying any more bass books until I get through the ones I have. The xmas and birthday presents come atcha fast.

4 Likes

My big problem is I have too many ebooks in different places and it’s hard to keep track of them :laughing:

Oh I hear you. I bought a giant 13" e-ink reader to help with that (that and migraines).

2 Likes

I just ordered his book. Looks like worthwhile material.

2 Likes