Thought I was doing pretty well until

And to be very clear, i did this so,so, slow. The program says 6 months if you practice 20 minutes twice a week, i think? It took me 6 months and i practice about 2 hours or more a day! The speed that’s right for you is right for you. You got this.

4 Likes

I certainly appreciate the positive words.
I truly have times when I think Im a spry 40 year old and not a late 60 year old with arthritic hands. Just goes to show you what 50+ years of playing guitar and banjo can do to you. LOLOLOL!!

I will take it a bit easier and enjoy the ride rather than trying to bust thru the finish line early.

I practice about 2 hours a day as well, something I’ve always kinda done.
IK may just give myself and my hands a break this morning and enjoy another cup of coffee.

Peace,
-Doc

3 Likes

You and I both have the little “3” on our badges, @howard . . . :+1:

We’re blood brother now! . . . :grin:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Do we know who the most sr member of the forum here is who is still active?

1 Like

@Gio for sure!

Both @Jazzbass19 and @joergkutter were around before me…

3 Likes

And @joergkutter was around before me, @howard . . . :slight_smile:

Hmmmm . . . trying to remember who else was here back then . . . :thinking:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Good plan.

Okay, I also recall a member named “bsickels” joined in July 2018

That about does it . . . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I joined in Dec 18…

@Korrigan might have been around then already also!? And @terb maybe!?!

Some of us older dudes tend to slowly fade away (like a bad paint job) :wink: Like @PeteP and @Mark_D and @Vik and Lanny (whose handle I don’t even remember) :smile:

4 Likes

Lanny is still around as @Lanny, Brian as @TNKA36

I hope things are good with @PeteP. AFAIK @Vik is a bona fide rockstar now, based on how he was doing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah, yes, thanks!

Same!

Maybe he is doing a rock camp retreat kinda thing way out there in the CO mountains :wink:

3 Likes

But is @Gio a beginner that took the course etc?
No right?
Sorry @Gio I don’t think you qualify.

2 Likes

No, I don’t think so, @John_E . . . He and and Josh are good friends and has played a LOT before he got involved with this site . . . :grin:

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

Need to find the link for that full Toast Machine show again; that was great.

edit: here we go :slight_smile:

total awesomeness :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:open_mouth: :dizzy_face:
holy :avocado:

(^that’s a positive comment, FYI)

2 Likes

Whoah! Not sure where this footage came from, @Jazzbass19 , but that’s a fun blast from the past! I have no recollection of writing or performing that first song there.
And I was a sober performer!

@John_E called it - I’m disqualified.
I wish there was more footage of the moments where 'ol @JoshFossgreen and I united our bass powers for glory and rockage.
Alas, his upright melody sit in and harmonized electric slap shredding guest appearances were a bit pre-everything-gets-videoed so I have only my fond memories.

5 Likes

I’m also upset about this, but… I probably sound better in my fond memories than in the cold light of A/V recording. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Gets Harder to remember as we get older Joe @Jazzbass19 :joy::rofl::joy:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

@joergkutter , so apparently I’ve been here since May 2019. Has it really been that long? :smiley:

3 Likes

@Old_WannaBe, this chart has been VERY helpful. I am working on these in between Josh’s lessons. I am not sure of the correct fingering but I think I can figure it out. Thanks again. I am currently only working on the first three and moving around the fretboard finding / learning the different spots where I can practice these. Thanks again @Old_WannaBe :+1:t3::+1:t3: