Thoughts on B2B for the second time

Bushy eyebrows = Jeff Berlin?

1 Like

Or Leland Sklar :joy:

1 Like

Well, now you’re talking about an entirely bushy face :rofl:

2 Likes

Here he is in all his bushy glory…
He’s a Chatty Cathy like Scott, which is why I begged off him.

3 Likes

@John_E thanks a lot for mentioning Constantine! I subscribed to the channel for future reference. He has some tabs for Tom Petty Songs, should be a good starting point after I finished the course to learn some songs. I think, they should be ok for a beginner, what do you think?

1 Like

Could be tricky for a beginner.
A Badass can get stuck right in though! :smiley:

:wink:

3 Likes

And neither Mark nor Scott are from anywhere near London; they are from Leeds. It is like getting Texas and California mixed up …

2 Likes

Having done chord tones a while ago and now finally going through scales I think it is better to do them the other way round.
Lots of overlap, but, scales will build the foundation that then runs into chords.
The ‘memorization’ in scales will lessen the overall memorization in chord tones.
Once done with scales, my plan is to go back through chord tones, as I think all the patterns and variations will stick better. FWIW< IMO < my $0.02
@PamPurrs - you did both, how would you reco they are tackled?

2 Likes

I agree scales first followed by chord tones. That’s how I did it and it seemed logical.

Oh very well. Some Boring Loiner, to be precise.

1 Like

Scott from become a bassist on YouTube has really great stuff, too
Also free tabs and music downloads with new lines added regularly.

I fully agree on YT, some great stuff there. I disagree on Scott, he’s a showboat just trying to make everybody know he’s the greatest. His lessons are c***.

1 Like

I think you mean Luke. He’s alright. Scott is definitely a bit of a knob.

2 Likes

If you’re doing scales, you might as well work on arpeggios and do maj7, V7, min7, min7b5 and then you have pretty much everything for chords. If you do them in that order, there’s also only one note difference between each ie maj → b7 → b3,b7 → b3,b5,b7. If you’re so inclined, you can work on the arpeggios starting on the first, second and fourth fingers which is a good idea to do with the scales as well.

And if you do much with modes, you’ll notice those arpeggios correspond to the ionian, mixolydian, aeolian and locrian modes.

His name is James and his site is E-Bass if I am not mistaken. I couldn’t get past the eyebrows

2 Likes

Actually, I was wrong there. What I meant was Luke from become a bassist. His lessons are really great, and he’s not as heavily tech as sbl.

Also, check out to yonit speigelman on YouTube.
She’s really great, and sorry I misspoke on that.

1 Like