Thoughts on Davie504?

The Davie504 thread slowly opened its eyes and began moving after being revived from it’s 8 month coma.

Davie503 is the one you want to be watching now.

2 Likes

I NEVER waste my time on youtube but 5 weeks ago somehow ended up down the rabbit hole and fell in love with 100 Amazing Bass Lines - YouTube. Sure the schtick gets old in a hurry on his subsequent stuff but that got me to order a yammie 504 (just noticed the number similarity). First order “lost” by UPS and now waiting for a replacement! Can’t wait to start B2B in a week or two!

5 Likes

Excellent choice of bass :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been watching Davie for months. Like most have already said, the schtick does get old and as a beginner I wonder if I’ll even be 5% as good as he is, but I still watch most of his new videos.

2 Likes

Last week while my wife was trying on clothes the store clerk wanted to show me every 9 year-old bass player video she was amazed by. Davie504 gets redemption points for making a video about how 8-9 year old bassists must be stopped.

2 Likes

I don’t like Davie’s schtick. But apparently behind the scene he’s a nice guy. He did a bass battle with Mina and she said he was very kind and thoughtful to work with. But I can’t watch him.

1 Like

He’s an entertainer, he’s playing a character; he does whatever gets people watching/subscribing and he’s the most subscribed to bass channel so he must be doing something right.

He’s probably introduced more bassists to the world than any other YT channel so he’s also doing a lot for the community.

His schtick isn’t for everyone, esp people who don’t appreciate irony and satire.

5 Likes

It’s like Josh’s videos on the JHS channel about all the amps and pedals that suck :slight_smile:

2 Likes