Time for a new audio interface

Strange, they claim it should work on Windows 11. Have you tried the official one or the one from the AISO4ALL website?

Audio drivers are always such a PITA on Windows…

2 Likes

Unfortunately they appear to be one and the same …

2 Likes

Treat yourself @Ed you deserve it :wink:

3 Likes

I had no problems with my UM-2 on Windows 11, using both the ASIO4All driver and the Windows Direct Audio or whatever it’s called.

That said, I could NEVER get the second input to work on Windows 10 or 11.

4 Likes

Hmm maybe if I try the first inpu…

bloody hell - it works!

You star, @JustTim ! I’d better get recording :slight_smile: :+1:

Looks like I’ve beaten the GAS monkey again @Barney … for another day :wink:

5 Likes

OK, I just went thru this hell of trying to record something and having the UM2/ASIO4All not being heard by Reaper. And yes, I was using input 2 (ya know, the one labeled “instrument”). Gave up, uninstalled ASIO4All and tried Behringer’s “old” driver that I found online - that works, but good to know that I can try something else if I decide to go back to ASIO4All. Wish I had found this in my earlier search, but thanks for the info @JustTim

That said, that sucks for people that may want to use BOTH inputs of the 2-input device that they bought… Bought a 2 input device, and only 1 input actually works with the “official” driver. I guess ya get what ya pay for with Behringer…

2 Likes

This is generally the mindset you want with their gear.

Sometimes you luck out (BDI-21, literally all of their synthesizers); sometimes you don’t.

2 Likes