Tinnitus - Any cure?

For me it doesn’t go away but it is not noticeable while the sound is playing.

I’ve lived with tinnitus for so long that I hardly notice it anymore. It’s the product of a lifetime of lots and lots of playing and listening to loud music.

If I had it to do over differently, I wouldn’t.

As the immortal Commander Cody sang:

A whole lotta things that I never done
But I ain’t never had too much fun

1 Like

I’ve had tinnitus since an Aerosmith Concert (with Golden Earing as an opener) in 78. Those Marshall stacks man. I felt pain before I heard music. Still, it’s just background noise now. I might try some of this - you never know

Man, reading this is making me wonder how the hell my hearing is still as good as it is. I can hear the neighbors phone ringing through the wall. We live in an attached house, built in the 60’s with almost 1 meter thick walls. All those concerts through the years, especially the Motörhead ones were so insanely loud, I’ve never worn ear plugs. I always listen on loud when I have my earbuds in. Reading your guy’s stories is really making me reconsider my choices. Might just get different headphones for when listening to music on my phone.

I have tinnitus but good hearing which is surprising.
Not loud concerts for me but a fair bit of shooting and tool use with inadequate hearing protection.
(Having people shooting .223 next to you with a short barrel and the muzzle level with or just behind your ear level will do that)

1 Like

While I am sure the shooting didn’t do me any favors either, or the grenades and training course charges either, I am 100% sure that my tinnitus is due to extremely loud metal concerts in my pre-teens, extremely loud punk, post-punk, darkwave and electro-industrial concerts in my teens and college years, and extremely loud sub-bass at raves in the '90s. And extremely loud clubs the entire time.

2 Likes

Ah, and by the way, they also have an app. The iOS one works much better than the Android one, but still you can access the sounds on the go.

1 Like

I went out and bought myself a pair of Sennheiser headphones. Since also working with a jackhammer atm, they are their weight worth in gold.