Tiny Desk Contest 2023!

Isn’t ‘Tiny Desk’ just a pretentious version (rip-off) of MTV Unplugged?

https://youtu.be/Q2eJfeH_2dw?t=65

1 Like
4 Likes

1 Like

Not at all. TD for the most part lets the artists play as they normally would, and they are also not well known artists. Occasionally you get a popular artist. But Unplugged was always the same formula - someone famous made acoustic

2 Likes

Yes. Also, look at all that room KISS has, the set behind them, the big audience. Look at all the people crammed behind that desk in the Mac Miller video - it’s the opposite of pretentious. It’s like playing in someone’s living room. (I know you’re half-kidding @John_E but DON’T MESS WITH TDC)

Make that 100,000,002 people. OMG my first thought was “Dude is high AF” and then I googled him and was reminded how he died and had a moment of silence.

This video has allllll the good feels. “That’s, uh…Thundercat on the shaker…that’s a beautiful job, bro” “Banter banter banter.” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Dude was funny AF. And then those beautiful women on strings, just when I thought it couldn’t get any better. Thanks for sharing, @JoshFossgreen

And I agree with @howard :

I think you have to have a license to drive something like that?

3 Likes

I am 98.654725% kidding - of course!

2 Likes

I appreciate your precision in this matter. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Thundercat’s deffo amazing (especially with that ‘shaker:joy::crazy_face:) but I also want to say how great of an artist was Mac Miller! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

i think i put it somewhere on bassbuzz before, but my kid was a finalist in 2021 in the california one. and yes i’m pretty damned proud/amazed at her.

4 Likes

That’s an amazing voice! Reminds me of Nina Samone.

1 Like