Tools for Bass!

Actually the nut wrench is plenty strong. But, but since it’s at the butt end and going on sideways there are limitation it doesn’t fit many things and it is not big enough for the fender American bass tuner nut :frowning:

It’s my main one by the amp, I reach for it the most when I setup the bass.

1 Like

You must have got a good one. The most popular size on mine can slip now actually.

1 Like

I do like the idea of a softer wrench but I also have a wrench set anyway so I won’t be depending on it.

2 Likes

Ouch! I mostly using for knob nuts because of the wiggle space allowed.

Me too. Some older ones Dan be quite happy where they are. I’ve gone to the spanner wrench Vs this. Also works as a good offset for knobs too.

2 Likes

I got a set of StewMac they are great. Still, they are not big enough for the Fender American, lol.

Thanks @Barney – quick question as I read on Amazon reviews a common snafu. If my Jazzes are MIM’s 1995 + 2015, and my MIA Fender Bullet Deluxe early '80s, do they have the same jack/ nut? I am guessing the 12mm and not the “import” 11mm is correct to order for the Bullet 2.0 tightener, but as it’s pricy for a little gadget, I want to make sure. (I don’t have all my basses with me to measure)…Seems there’s no consensus and I cannot find specs online to check.

1 Like

That’s a good question @DrJLMurphy and the short answer is I don’t know.

I’d just use a little wrench that’s good for different sized nuts. It’s guitar specific so it’s thin enough to work. It’s essentially just a series of notches that will adjust to the size of your nut. One size fits all kind of deal.

Example below.

2 Likes

Yeah, @Barney , I was thinking of this option. I’m worried about scratching the chrome. But one of these wrenches promises to add a microfiber backing to be stuck on after arrival. What I wonder is if a hex socket wrench might be wound around sticky tape, so that could be gently inserted into the open jack a bit to hold that secure upright while using the spanner with the other hand. Maybe overthinking this, but odd that 1) Bullet doesn’t offer a model with interchangeable 11mm + 12mm nubs, 2) That Big Rock ad copy fails to differentiate which popular guitars fit either import 11/ U.S. domestic 12/ and 3) explaining if a MiM is “foreign”…I’m old enough to recall when auto mechanics distinguished their shops as foreign vs American in proto-globalized decades 4) why so few jingamabobs are on the market considering this design flaw/quirk is endemic~

1 Like

I have this wrench as well. The foam does a great job of protecting. Haven’t ever scratched a bass. It’s great for tuning peg nuts too.

1 Like

I have this wrench and it’s specifically made to not scratch the surface of an instrument. It tightens very well, too.

1 Like