Total newbie question about the E string

Thanks! Yes sir, it’s on the way. Hopefully I’ll see it on July 25.

3 Likes

Here’s to @eric.kiser being on point. If I’d spent 5x then money on in person lessons to start, i wouldn’t Have gotten more. This is likely the most productive money I’ve ever spent. I’ve gotten more happiness out of it than i could ever have hoped for.

5 Likes

Action kinda looks super high in my ( admittedly limited ) estimation.
This can make it really stupid hard to fret correctly.
The folks here are right. Get your YouTube on for josh’s setup video and you can get that donner bass sounding plenty good for a beginner.
Congrats on getting the b2b course! Dig in and get your thump on!

4 Likes

Hello! I have had great results using the Music Nomad system. The tools are fairly inexpensive and they seem to have a video on almost every type of guitar or bass. Everything is step by step from adjusting the neck relief on the truss rod to intonation. I encourage you to at least check out their videos.

I started on an inexpensive bass and moved up from there as my confidence built up and now I do my own setups and upgrades.

Other than that, for things like shaving down the nut or trimming down sharp fret wires where I’m not so confident, I would just go to my local music store and get a setup done. They’re usually quick and makes playing a lot more enjoyable.

3 Likes

Great news.

2 Likes

I really shouldn’t quote this out of context, but I’m on vacation. Welcome to the forum, @askasmock, may you shave your nuts as much as you need to, and never too far.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheers,
Antonio

2 Likes