Travel bass practice board?

Lobster’s okay. Hey’s out there doing his thing and being himself. I mostly ignore him, and listen to the bass playing. He gets a lot of that in.

1 Like

I’m just getting back on grid after being in the Montana backwoods for two weeks. We did have a tiny generator that we ran occasionally to charge stuff. I took my JBL Eon One powered speaker (12 hour battery life) and an Ibanez Mikro (restrung with D’Addario tape wounds).

I specifically bought the Mikro for this trip and I loved how it performed :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Gosh, that is cute! Where do I get one?

2 Likes

Short of visiting Japan, Reverb is your best bet.

3 Likes

Yep - these are domestic market only AFAIK

2 Likes

@Ben, I have been thinking of picking up a Mikro (or similar Affinity Mini) as a travel bass. How did that work out for you?

2 Likes

Thanks! :pray:t3::blush:

2 Likes

@david.addis Sorry for the delayed response. Took the Mikro (and a Mustang) on my off grid vacation. The Mikro exceeded my expectations…. I received it ($176@sweetwater) and the tapewounds (D’Addario direct)on the same day and was traveling 2 days later. It’s a fantastic value, plays nice, featherweight. I sniffed around Taylor and Guild acoustics for a while (couldn’t trigger). This is a nice alternative and I love having it in the family room with a nearby powered speaker. 100% sweetness when working a song/chart… or just feeling the need to play ;))

Jerry (who is an extended travel / stays user) noted that it didn’t work for him. I totally get that ( its a super short scale). But wow, it’s pretty cool for $200

3 Likes

I found the Traveler Guitar TB-4P worked well for me, I had it at work in the office and every day during lunch time would eat my lunch and then go through my playlist, it has a built in amp to plug in your earbuds or headphones, and an Aux. jack for my phone which had all my itunes playlist to play along. The neck has a good feel with it, and is well built, they’re $500 new or less if you shop around and probably even less if you go used. I took it on a 12 day cruise to Hawaii, brought it up to a lounge deck and plunked away without out disturbing anyone, you don’t need to drag an amp with it, comes with a nice gig bag, I think it was the ticket for me. I think it’s cool with the headless and tuning gears in the body, kinda unique. Test drive one if you can, I think you’d be sold…

4 Likes

Absolutely, I am totally on your side, that happens to me all the time.

1 Like

If anyone here is still interested in the Traveler Guitar TB-4P bass, I posted a video using it on the Post your covers! thread.

I travel to work by helicopter for 3 week periods, 3 weeks away and then 3 at home. Due to the travel method a travel guitar is not an option.
What is the best way of trying to maintain progress in the programme? Are there any exercises that can improve coordination? There are a couple of 6 string guitars at the worksite, Would using one of these to practice plucking and fretting be better than nothing?
Sorry for the deluge of questions

1 Like

Not much other than ear training and listening to music of course. Can you leave a bass at the destination?

Not sure about the guitar part, maybe others here who play both can comment there.

2 Likes

Not even this shred neck bass? Only $45 plus shipping.

2 Likes

That traveler bass looks pretty awesome. First time I’ve seen one. Thank everyone for sharing.

1 Like

You will hate this neck. The weight and balance of a bass is critical to practice. This will make things worse.

2 Likes

Weight and size restrictions are pretty robust and strictly enforced.
I suppose i can concentrate on the musical theory side when I reach it

1 Like

What about a Ubass?

1 Like

Thank you all for your suggestions, I will have a closer look at this but I still think it will be too large.

1 Like

It’s 32" and weighs 1.13 KG, so under 3 pounds.

1 Like