Travel for music?

So, what is the furthest you have traveled to hear a band, see a show, attend a concert, festival, etc.?

This coming weekend I will be driving for 6 hours (370 miles) to the Austin Reggae Festival!
Great drum and bass lines in this style of music. I just love the rhythms (or as they say, “riddims”.

2 Likes

My story is a “could have been”. We had tickets to see the GoGos in Vegas in 2020 (and 2021) and tickets to fly from DC. COVID cancelled both.

1 Like

I traveled from Austin to Boston. To see Tommy Emmanuel, the very best steel string acoustic guitar player in the world.

1 Like

Oh! I almost missed Reggae Festival yet again, thanks for the reminder - might try to finally attend this year if only just for a day. Would have been great to see Lee Scratch Perry back when he headlined!

1 Like

I went to England for a for a concert once. And also LA

1 Like

I drove several times to Berlin and one time to Vienna, everyttime to see Nine Inch Nails.
That was roughly 600 km.

1 Like

I drove from Salt Lake to Denver to see 311, mostly because my buddy was living there for the summer (520 miles). And also from Salt Lake to Las Vegas to see Papa Roach when I was in high school. (420 miles)

1 Like

Maybe Socal to Vegas. There are so many venues that host live music and concerts here already, there’s no need to travel much for that.

This year the headliners are the Skatalites, Inner Circle and Jesse Royal. Some good local acts too.