Trying something new

I believe in keeping it real and computer generated effects only belong in the movies. If I can not produce my sound naturally then I do not want it in my mixes. Still working on this rig to experiment with in conjunction with my DAW. Just a few more cables and then add to my microphones and headphones so my kids can jam with me for some fun with recording.

10 Likes

Dear Lord, it’s the AntiHoward :rofl:

14 Likes

I thought you might have a comment or two… but I see you kept it light :grin::joy:

I can appreciate the sheer physical, tactile experience that @mcmoon03 's approach provides!

7 Likes

I knew this day would come :rofl:

6 Likes

It’s just better @howard gotta keep it real. All joking aside, I love both digital and analog. Some of the best products are a mix of those two.

You see a lot of digital pedals with analog controls. Have you seen the new UA guitar amp pedals?

Also @mcmoon03 that is an impressive rack :open_mouth:

6 Likes

Yup! But, luckily, they are more for guitars :joy:
(Also, I am probably going to sell the Starlight… I just don’t have much use for a delay…)

4 Likes

Can you give us a top down of what all is in the rack?

3 Likes

Came here for the nice rack. Only ever so slightly disappointed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I see what you did there. :eyes:

2 Likes

Holy Analog, it’s the Bat Rig!

2 Likes

Power conditioner
headphone amp
audio interface
mic preamp
XLR patchbay
Compression
reverb
EQ
TRS patch bay

3 Likes

Keeping it simple and cheap. This is only a hobby thing and I am also receiving heat already from the wife about the expense. I have not bought the remaining cables I need to finish it yet,

3 Likes

I have no problem with digital, My Yamaha REV-500 is digital. I just don’t like the idea of relying on the need to have a computer connected to my rig to reproduce my sound. That is where I consider the sound to be fake.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say one is better over the other. Ultimately, music is about your artistic impression and evoking an emotional response from your audience.

I recently saw a great quote from Yo-Yo Ma and he was talking about his time trying to pursue the perfect performance. He said he was having that experience, he had a performance that was text book perfect, but he realized he was bored. He said, “it was then that I devoted my life to human expression, instead of human perfection.”

However you choose to make your art, as long as it allows you to express it how you like, whether analog, digital, synthetic, etc., then I would say it’s all good.

6 Likes

This :point_up_2: :100:

2 Likes

Digital is just much cheaper. Before my analog pedalboard I had a HX Stomp. That thing covered all effects and amp/cab sims. It costed about 500 euros. I’m pretty sure that just my pedalboard and a kick ass amp/cab is well over 1.5k :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do prefer analog over digital, but that is just for bass. For all my guitar needs I use my computer/DAW. I got a few Neural DSP plugins that cover all my guitar needs (also Helix Native)

Pretty sure that in the future my practice rig will be more behind a computer and in a DAW. :thinking:

3 Likes

Imho the LA-2A is one of the best compressors ever made. This would be my #1 priority if I had a stack :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Plus, it sounds better :rofl:

I was at a bit over over that before I saw the light and sold them all. Much happier going full software for amp sims and effects.

3 Likes

Different strokes for different folks!
Nice RAC @mcmoon03, hope you get to finish it before the boss shuts you down! :smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for the run down. Cool rig.

2 Likes