Tuner advice?

So The “cap” (I’ll send pic) on my A string tuner is like protruding from the machine. The rest are flush. What I’m wondering is does it just pop in or is this faulty

1 Like

For those tuners, they should be sealed and filled with oil. If it isn’t leaking it’s probably fine but I would defer to a trusted tech/luthier or contact LTD directly.

2 Likes

Yea I was thinking of calling the dealer but they already have the payment I didn’t think they’d have much Incentive to gather complimentary advice lol as for the manufacturer; I have NEVER heard back from any company I’ve approached regarding the quality of their product lmao.

I’ve only ever obtained credible or note worthy information from others who use the same gear. Alternatively when all else fails I’m not above replacing hardware that I could not service on my own . I just haven’t even changed the strings. If the tuning machine goes before the string well, I would the insurance companies will be involved before all is said and done hahaha nah I’m just still babying this one lol I’ve already been accused of tending to its safety before my wife’s lol

1 Like

Have you tried pressing it back in?

1 Like

Very lightly yea it didn’t budge. My main concern is if I do push it in is that tuner gonna rapidly grind itself out before it needs its 2nd string replacement…

Call ESP and ask, they may fix for free at a local luthier.

1 Like

I have gone to ESP on a couple things, and always heard back. You might want to go to their webpage and open a ticket. They’re very helpful if they can be.

2 Likes

What a rabbit hole HAHA thanks wombat that link single handedly answered all of the questions I have for esp regarding my bass!

Literally the 1st FAQ page to offer me any insight . Lmao

Rock on man!

2 Likes