Tuner Pedal With Hertz Display

Can anyone recommend any pedal guitar tuners that will also display the Hertz readout of the note being played?
Appreciate it’s not strictly necessary, but I’ve used a ‘Snark ST-8Hz’ clip-on tuner which does display the Hertz value, and felt it was a good feature.
However the Snark proved unreliable to read consistently, and I want to find a pedal tuner with the same feature. Thanks

3 Likes

I did some searching around and the only one I could find is the KLIQ TinyTune.

Also, this article says it good for use with bass. It’s #7.

3 Likes

Many thanks @eric.kiser for your efforts on digging that info out, I’ll take a look.

2 Likes

My pleasure. I like researching gear.

I like everything I’ve read about that pedal but I’m still hesitant for myself. They say it can handle down to a low B but I’ve read other claims that didn’t pan out. Their customer service is reported to be top notch, also.

I’m about to pull the trigger on getting a TC Electronic Polytune 3. They consistently get stellar reviews for accuracy and speed.

If you decide to get one, please report back. If it’s good, it’s hard to beat at that price.

2 Likes

Interesting. The Tu-3 is #1 in that article. I have an old Tu-2 and like it, but I don’t know if I would rate it above a Polytune, which I have heard nothing but good about.

2 Likes

Hi @eric.kiser I had a look at the Kliq TinyTune, thanks again for pointing me at it.
It seems that while it has a hertz display area on the display, it is just for showing the A note ref tuning (usually 440Hz) setting, not for live display of the freq of the note being played.
Seems a shame as they have devoted an area on the display to hertz display anyway!
Having read some more reviews, and given up on the idea for hertz display as it seems hard to find (and I can sort of check that with my crappy Snark when it works…), I have decided that I will go with the Strobostomp HD tuner.

2 Likes

I really wanted that Strobostomp pedal when it came out. My son gave me a hard time, saying I was the only person he knew that could get GAS over a tuner pedal.

Now, I’m looking at the Boss TU-3. I’m having an easier time finding a used one locally than the Polytune.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say about the Peterson Strobostomp.

1 Like

Hey @eric.kiser just managed to have a few minutes play with the Strobostomp HD.
First impressions:
Like it a lot, much prefer to have a big display than looking at some small LEDs converging on a tiny screen. Also a bit quirky which I like.
Seems very accurate as you would expect. Very solid build. Wish the display had a slightly better viewing angle range, fine when on floor looking down, little less good in any other config but still ok (and it’s made for the floor!). 3 options to mute/audio bypass etc.
More expensive option but I feel like there is no reason to look at anything else now, and I have a tuner that can genuinely help with bass setup.
I’ve already realised my intonation is very poor…

2 Likes

Dang it! Now I’m back to GASing for a tuner! I need to call my son so he can talk me down.

2 Likes