Tuners!

I have not had an excellent experience with TC’s quality. I had to RMA the first thing I bought from them. The second thing I bought was fine but it was just a repackaged Behringer sold under the TC label since Behringer bought them.

So mileage varies with TC.

2 Likes

I have been going back and forth trying to minimize the amount of equipment I accumulate. I wish I could be satisfied with anything when it comes to everything above and beyond the bass itself. I admire the fact that you can find something and stick to it. I sold off a bunch of pedals but still have too many (I say this a day after receiving the MXR M81). I got the BOSS GT-1B to take their place. I keep going back to the pedals. I got the full suite of Amplitube. I do like the amp sims but other than that I go back to the pedals.

On the plus side I did get rid of all my amps.

1 Like

At this point I think the effects in the DAW sound better. Especially with what you can do easily with multiband effects, which trend very expensive in pedals.

But if I were to play bass live, even then I wouldn’t buy a bunch of pedals. I’d just get a Quad Cortex or Helix.

I liked my pedalboard but I don’t regret selling it off at all.

2 Likes

I find that most companies are doing this. Like multiple bass brands made under one roof. How different could they be as far as material goes?

I had a similar problem with EHX and the reason I sold them all except the POG. Not to mention they were caught labeling equipment made in the US when they were not. Not that where its made matters so much but if your lying about it you are not a trustworthy company for me to spend money on.

2 Likes

I might end up doing this. The only thing I probably would hold on to are the preamp and VT pedals.

Only problem, those LEDs look so pretty they are hypnotizing.

3 Likes

Pedals are cute little things for sure. I found them actually getting in the way when it comes to recording, though. And when the choice is between having the software remember everything for you, or taking notes and physically setting it so you can have te same settings between takes - yeah no thanks, bye pedals.

This is what finally pushed me over the edge to sell them all:

https://neuraldsp.com/plugins/darkglass-ultra

3 Likes

The Neural Quad Cortex is amazing but even if I sold all my pedals and accessories I would not be close to what it costs over here.

2 Likes

Helix is great too of course. And the entry level Zooms and Boss gear isn’t bad at all - I liked my B3n a lot as well, and lots of people like the GT-1B too.

2 Likes

The Boss GT-1B is good but there are a few problems. No stomp mode, even though I worked around it. No DI out. The headphone output is too low. And the tuner was horrible.

It does have some big pluses. The construction, the fact that it lasted so long on batteries (AA too), using it as an audio interface and I thought the software package was pretty good too. It was easier to adjust through a computer and the GUI looked good too.

2 Likes

Yeah stomp mode was the only way I used my Zoom. The presets were a mixed bag but the individual effects were fine, so stomp mode was the way to go.

3 Likes

The Polytune3 is one of the best out there.

I use my snark Snark ST-8HZ, Zoom B1x Four or whatever software I’m using on the computer if i’m plugged into that. The peterson stroboclip HD and TC Electronic PolyTune are supposed to be good for clip on tuners but i’m too cheap to spend money on them. Korg makes a couple of good tuner pedals too. The behringer TU300 is pretty good for a cheap pedal.

1 Like

Thanks for the push. Just returned my M81 and a few more are up for sale.

Anybody need some pedals? Lol

But there is a Peterson in my future.

2 Likes

I would trade in almost all my pedals for a quad cortex. Way overkill for me but that thing is so damn sexy.

3 Likes

@SubsonicRob Share your Reverb shop over here.

Share Your Reverb Shop Here!

1 Like

I have never used Reverb as of yet. I have only posted locally.

If I do create a shop Ill post it on that thread for sure.

Thanks.

1 Like

Do I “need” any? Of course not. So, whatcha got?

4 Likes

Perfect answer :rofl:

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay. I got right into packaging and posting them thanks to @howard. Then I got a bit of a wave of inquiries.

What is left is:

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR Bass Fuzz Deluxe
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
MXR ISO Brick (10 outlets)
EHX Pog Micro
And now that I have a Peterson I am selling my Korg Pitchblack.

Thanks again @howard for the push. I am now down to my Boss GT-1B but mostly DAW plugins/ Amplitube.

Kind of sad to see them go but if I can move towards a more minimalist setup that would be great.

Oh and sorry to push a tuner thread into a pedal offload thread.

2 Likes

Happy to help! For recording I think you’ll find it a lot more convenient.

Feel free to contribute here:

2 Likes

I have sold a bunch of pedals and replaced all my tuners (hardware and software) with a Peterson Strobostomp HD. So far I am glad I did. Not only does it pick up the lower notes faster and more accurately but it has made intonation easier too. Another bonus is can be used as a buffer. I am sure there is more to discover like the sweetened tumings and will report back if I notice any other highs or lows with this tuner.

5 Likes