Ultra Vintage Noiseless Pickups

Hello, I have got, the Fender American Ultra Jazz bass 5 strings, and it comes with the Ultra Vintage Noiseless Pickups.

The problem is that those pickups are not “noiseless” they just act as regular single coils pickups with constant “humm” and noise.

I already shielded my bass and when I touch the neck pickup the noise increases a lot. When I touch the neck plate, the bridge or the tuning keys, the noise decreases just a little bit, but it is still there bothering me (since the pickups promise that they are “noiseless”).

Is there any way to solve it? If no, do you have any suggestions of pickups replacements that works perfectly well with this Bass?

3 Likes

I upgraded my American Pro II with Nordstrand NJ4SE’s for a similar reason and was extremely happy with the upgrade.

2 Likes

The noiseless pickups by all accounts are noisy. I don’t have much to say on a new set of Jazz pickups, I just am not a Jazz geek, but Nordstrand are a good brand. I have Seymour Duncan Apollos in my Jazz and they are noise free (they are linear humbuckers), and I like them. I haven’t changed them out which for me is a statement

3 Likes

Check under the bridge, the contact point between the ground wire and the bridge shat be sanded off exposing the bare metal. If it’s all chrome it’s making that noise. I know it’s a b!tch to do with a string through body.

2 Likes

This!

Plus check the noise in different parts of the house, plugged into different sockets. Some houses are inherently EF noisy.

2 Likes

That bass should have already been shielded with black carbon shielding paint. Did you add more shielding?