Underrated bands

Fun fact: one of my friends married (and later divorced) Sascha. Her and her friends used to make up different acronyms for them. Kiss my fucking dick man was good. Kill mother fucking depeche mode was better :joy:

3 Likes

That’s hilarious your friend made that up and started that rumor - that was what everyone thought it meant :slight_smile:

Like, I think I remember even Depeche Mode said they thought it meant that.

1 Like

Truth be told, I got turned on to them when I was 8 and got the Mortal Kombat Movie Soundtrack on cassette for xmas (Juke Joint Jezebel).

Great song, cheesy movie.

I still love both. xP

3 Likes

I got in to them the way most people did at the time - hearing this song come on in a club and losing my sh*t :slight_smile:

Been sleeping for a million years or longer
you woke me up I’m even stronger

2 Likes

The Maiko video was an April Fools joke.

If you look at lineups like Knottfest Japan, they appear way down on the bill. That’s what I don’t get.

1 Like

Yeah, but, like, it did well enough that they printed and released an EP with other osaka-ben songs :slight_smile:

They have/had a headlining gig at the Budokan next month. Probably canceled now of course but that’s not their fault.

Not sure about their festival billings though. Then again you see weird stuff in the way things like Fuji Rock get billed too. I don’t pretend to understand the music industry itself here.

Ehh for all I know she might have heard it from someone else 🤷

1 Like

Babymetal has 10 gigs lined up at the Budokan starting this month. Half capacity, mandatory masks and taking temperatures at the gate. I think bands will see how that goes before making their decisions.

1 Like

I would not be surprised at all for them to be canceled. We’ll see. It’s crazy to plan shows at the moment - the government is about to issue another state of emergency. And while those lack teeth here, larger venues and businesses have tended to comply.