Unique Construction or cool Models?

Are there are models that are more or less symmetrical so that restringing a right for a lefty is a simple task without the construction being off? Any cheaper ones? Thanks

1 Like

Just checking that you know that if you string a right handed bass as left handed you need to install a new nut?

I obviously don’t know your skill level with tools etc.

2 Likes

Or, flip the nut around….0

1 Like

Very true if you can get the nut out without trashing it. On cheaper basses ie Squiers they use sometimes use a cheap plastic nut, glue the crap out of them and put a thick layer of poly finish over the top (ask me how I know lol).

3 Likes

Funny, my Squier had zero glue. They must have put mine on yours.

2 Likes

Maybe it was their last day at the factory? We’ve all been there to some degree :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That was tonecoat

3 Likes

There are several models, which have a symmetric body and a symmetric headstock (e.g., Epiphone EB3, just to name an inexpensive one), but note that the controls (and the pickguard) still will be on the “wrong side”

3 Likes

the SG / EB body is not exactly symmetric actually, the upper horn is a bit longer

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

yep Revstar is the same, as is the Yamaha SG

2 Likes

Yep, that will always be an issue, no matter how symmetrical the bass is:

3 Likes

Fugliest bass ever, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Really? I kinda like it… Uncomfortable though, I guess.

4 Likes

I definitely think it’s one of those love it or hate it basses. First time I ever saw it in a music video, I was “yuck!”, and that still stands to this day.

3 Likes

Always loved them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Always just looked like a cricket bat with some modifications that someone from Madmax would have wielded…

3 Likes

I was a huge Devo fan, and they were the first I saw with them, and it fit right in :rofl:

5 Likes