Up to Billy Jean: This should be fun

So I made it up to the Billy Jean lesson. “A tongue twister for your fingers” is correct. Thus far I have found the lessons to be fairly easy and a little drawn out. I am looking forward to conquering this beast!

8 Likes

She should be a piece of cake for you @Old_WannaBe… go get her done!

4 Likes

I know the song gets a bad rap here, but I enjoyed it when I did the course and didn’t find it that difficult.

2 Likes

It’s not nearly as hard as it is made out to be, but it is really tricky for that point in the course, for people with no guitar background. I found it to be a finger-twister for sure.

4 Likes

No, it’s not that hard, especially if you’ve played guitar for a while. It’s just a little tricky.

The real killer is endurance :flushed: It’s not too bad at lesson length, but can you imagine hearing in the headphones, “That was great Mr. Johnson. Let’s do one more. Billie Jean, take 47!”

4 Likes

Ok then. How do people get through this without their hand and wrist cramping up? I made it through the slow and medium. I can only get through one of the fast tempos before I wear out. and start getting sloppy. I am using my thumb in the ‘nuetral’ position and my wrist is not overly flexed, but damn…first piece that has given me trouble in the course.

2 Likes

It just takes time to build up coordination and endurance.

This is the first “real” workout in the course. Arguably it should be moved later :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is an Advil & ice bucket forearm killer. I figure that once I’m able to play the whole thing all the way through a couple of times straight, I’ll be able to crush tennis balls with my bare hands.

3 Likes

I didn’t manage that part in one hit , I took it up to medium workout before moving on but added it in as a warmup and found myself doing the pattern a lot while noodling ( still do )
Have fun :+1:

2 Likes