Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

So, my Seymour Duncan Steve Harris pickups won’t be here for another month :rage:

Supply chains? Never mind supply chains, it’s supply gaps out there.

2 Likes

That’s a dream! We are out to 5 month lead times on pro AV install gear for new facilities.

4 Likes

Welll, in that perspective, yes, it is. However, it’s been delayed twice now. I originally ordered them almost two months ago. The problem is they took the money off my card, so I have to ride it out.

3 Likes

My Les Claypool pickups that have been coming “next week” for over a month now are still not here.

Maybe “next week”.

5 Likes

My EMG active PJ set tha was supposed to be here last week will be here early September. Seems to be a lot of it going around

4 Likes

BEAD upgrade complete :grin:

13 Likes

Nice bridge truss cable.

3 Likes

Sandberg Stainless steel .065 .085 .105 .130 :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Sweet.

Sweet strap too

3 Likes

It’s a Minotaur strap made in Greece:

I really should take the time to take some pics for the Post your straps thread :wink:

8 Likes

Will have to grab one of these. Super nice

3 Likes

Looking good.

4 Likes

I’m feeling that too. If my Motu M2 ships on 9 September, it will have been over a 5 month wait.

5 Likes

We’re ready for you on the bench Mr. HMT

12 Likes

My Upgrade day, the NEW to me, Amazon Certified Refurbished late 2015 iMac arrived today.
First thing I did was go to the App Store to load Garage Band, but I am not updated to the current version (this shipped with High Sierra) so I either will need to get it off an archive apps site, or upgrade to Big Sur.
I am thinking I will upgrade to Catalina, then get an archived Garage Band for it. That way, everything I already have on my external still works. I seriously doubt it is backward compatible with GB Versions, but will wait and see what I find and test it out.

Right now I am just happy to be able to be on this forum on a regular computer and not typing on the iPad.
It works just fine, but I much prefer the iMac for being on the forum, plus its my set up where I always sit at the computer with a bass around my neck, and play way way way more then I have this past month without a computer.
So, yeah, good upgrade for me today
Sorry, no pictures, but it looks like every other 2014 thru 2017 21.5" iMac there is.
Love it so far, the display, although not huge difference, is really nice to have the extra screen, in wide screen.
Plus, it came with the standard wired iMac keyboard, which I love, way way way more then the PC $10 keyboard I was using. Might go back to my USB wireless mouse that I bought for the last one however, not sure yet.

8 Likes

I would. I am a huge Apple fan but one thing they have never, ever made is a good mouse. Ironically their mice have always sucked in comparison to their competitors. Some are worse than others (the original iMac hockey puck, or the first Magic Mouse, or the current one for that matter - all world class bad) but throughout their history Apple has always made bad mice.

First thing I always do on new macs is chuck or sell the mouse.

5 Likes

I had not played with one like this is so long, I couldn’t remember if it was any good or not, so I just decided to hook it up. I am sure its gone pretty soon.

3 Likes

I only work with their trackpads - so much better!

3 Likes

Lots of people love those, yeah. They do them really well.

3 Likes

I love the track pads on the laptops. IDK if I could get used to it for a desktop, but would be cool to try.
I could see liking it if it were placed on the desk in front of the keyboard, like how it is on a laptop.
I don’t know if I would like it as much on the side of the keyboard, where my mouse is.

But, if you put it in front of the keyboard, and if you type and rest your hands on the pad, does it effect the track pad. LIKE IT DOES ON EVERY WINDOWS PC IN THE WORLD.
I hate that on laptops, and disable them first thing.

But never had an issue with one on a macbook.

Hate that so bad, be typing really fast, 3/4 way down a page and all of a sudden the cursor jumps half way back up the page, in the middle of the word
And then
You dont notice ittil the page is typed out.

Track pads do rule on MacBooks.

I guess it makes up for how shitty the mice are.

2 Likes