Upgrade Day! Anyone Else Upgrading?

I had one of these on a bass and took it off. It does exactly what it says, sustain.
Too Too Too much ringing for me so took it off. @Al1885 likes it though. Maybe some day I will have a need for that but not today. They are a pain to setup though but cool design.

2 Likes

I have both RayRoss and Babicz both are quite a bit more pain to install than your standard Fender bridge but they look good and works well. Both are great upgrade alternative to Hitshot, I was boycotting the company for a spell.

A word of caution on RayRoss bridge, you may need a shorter string set than you previously installed on your bass. In general most rounds and flats should work but some may give you problems with length since it’s a saddleless design the ball end pretty much start where the other saddles are, which means you gain an inch or more. Some string models have silk wrapped or tapered at the tuners’ end that may introduce some problems on the E string, even more to consider if it’s B string.

In any rate both are gorgeous and offer solid performance and more visual impact. Check it out.

Another one that I’m very impressed with the looks and performance is the Fender Elite bridge Made in Germany. If you can find one, it’s a keeper.

8 Likes

I like the gold toned hardware in pics# 3-7 @Al1885 . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Thanks @Jazzbass19 it was a fun build and the optima gold strings definitely the brightest string I ever played, every time I play songs with slapping I reach for it. It puts Musicman to shame, lol.

9 Likes

Adjustable nuts are a thing apparently

3 Likes

Hmmmmm……

3 Likes

I got this one for the Stingray Ray4HH that I am currently blacking out. I figured a black nut for all black hardware works well, and then found this one. if it works well, I will probably get one for my personal Ray4, and maybe some other 38mm basses I have.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MQ598Z4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

3 Likes

Have a brass one on the Thumb bass and black ones on the Infinity and Streamer.
Come standard on Warwicks

2 Likes

Yeah was gonna say, all Warwicks have this stock.

Plus the entire bridge is also adjustable for height at each corner.

1 Like

where did you get that pickgurd?

2 Likes

From Emma-Music (located in France). I wasn’t going to change the pickguard until I saw (accidentally) this mirror blue beauty :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s Cool. I want one :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Emma Music are really good to deal with too

2 Likes

A couple of upgrades and a nut refinement for my Sire U5.

Hipshot USA UltraLite Mini Clover tuners really have a much lighter weight and better look, feel and accuracy than Sire’s large stock tuners, especially on this short scale.

Note: I don’t sweat having the original screw holes visible. This is a player, not a showpiece. Plus, if I ever wanted to, I could put the original tuners back on and they would cover the Hipshot UltraLite screw holes as if they were never there.

Next, a badass high-mass aluminum alloy Albridge Bell Bronze bridge. Great, ringing tone. Bronze, not brass, from an actual church bell. Unusual, but true.

And, finally, a resized nut filing job to button everything up.

IMO, this baby looks, sounds and plays great!

10 Likes

All I upgraded today was my cap

9 Likes

Upgraded my DAI from the Focusrite 2i2 to the Roland Octa-Capture and really digging it. Let’s me be extra lazy and leave things plugged in when recording sax Vs bass Vs other stuff and can even use built in compressor and reverb for sax which is cool. Also will use it for its built in mixers to pump back to my amp for Rick-O-sound.

9 Likes

You got yours first ???!? I ordered that before you by a week.

3 Likes

Ordered Tuesday, came today.
Weird.

3 Likes

Volume buyer @DaveT they know which side their bread is buttered :money_mouth_face:

6 Likes

Right after I wrote that it was delivered. Gone for the weekend :frowning: I’ll be asking you how to use it on Monday.

3 Likes