USA made vs Foreign made (a poll)

You’ve all made some really good points here, folks . . . :slight_smile:

As an ex-analyst, I’m into graphs and charts, etc. so I thought I’d try a poll on this forum. After further thought, I realize it is somewhat difficult to answer because it’s a little too general, and for that I apologize.

IMHO, I would submit that @Chris summed it up best with this remark:

Thank you all so much for your votes and for your input, and I promise I’ll try to come up with better polls in the future . . . :wink:

All best, Joe

5 Likes

This poll ruled!
Look at the discussion and points it brought up! I loved this thread. Myth busting, and fact finding galore. I say bravo and thanks.

7 Likes

Yeah for sure! No apology needed at all man.

3 Likes

Joe, I agree with @Gio and @howard, this brought up an interesting discussion! All good stuff.

2 Likes

I think it all comes down to the individual instrument. I have a Harley Benton jazz bass that, to my ear, sounds as good as my MIM jazz bass. On the other hand I’ve played a Fender American Performer that put both to shame. I say let your ears decide.

4 Likes

Country of origin doesn’t matter much. The factory of origin is what matters. Every country has skilled luthiers in it. Just a matter of what factory they work in, what materials they use in that factory, how well they train their staff, their quality control, etc.

Sure, Japan, Germany, and USA might have higher quality on average, but they can make some lemons as well. You just won’t see many (if any) lemons from the top factories.

5 Likes