Using Rocksmith 2014 Remastered for practice

WARNING - Beta testing is limited to PC users only, Win 10 min.
Bummer for me.

How do you actually sign up, do you have a link?
What do you get other than testing? are they gonna let you have a year of service or something like that?

So you download the software, and are what are minimum system requirements.
Do you know if it runs on Max OS 10.15.5?

I may actually give it a go if I can run it and you don’t need anything else.

EDIT: Its probably in the video, I will watch it.

Button top right

1 Like

I found out it was PC only, so I am out.
I put a warning on the top of my other post.

Direct link
Mac users Stop, and stand in line with me. PC ONLY

1 Like

For clarity, the Beta is PC only, the final product will also be on mobiles

1 Like

correct.
Mac users and mobil users need to wait in line.

I don’t know about iPhones, but for Android you can register for a Beta directly in the App Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.rocksmith.play.bass.guitar.lessons.tuner.recorder

1 Like

There is an App, but it doesn’t give me a choice to register for Beta.
BUT
I don’t have an Ubisoft account.
If I make one, will it let you register for Beta?
I don’t want to make one if it doesn’t

1 Like

Shouldn’t have anything to do with an Ubisoft account, only a google Account for the Play Store.
Might be that the registration is only offered in some countries, I guess. The button should be right there where usually the Install button is.

1 Like

The app on the Google store isn’t the mobile version but the companion app. Not sure how but it downloaded and there is a tuner and the open to connect for using your phone as a mic to connect without a cable

Beta for now is pc only

2 Likes

Online only is going to be tough as you are at the mercy of their servers. I play a few Ubisoft online only game like ghost recon I run into some glitches and maintenance problems.

No Apple OS is also a bummer as I don’t own any pc.

2 Likes

Yep, same here.

1 Like

The subscription is what will probably be the deal breaker for me. I really like playing bass on RS2014 but it was a buy once and only pay more if I want any DLC. Guess I’ll just wait and see what it looks like on Xbox before I rule it out completely.

3 Likes

I’ll probably try this out. When it come out not a gamer my son is a gamer not me. See what all the hype is all about. See if they made any changes RS2014. Maybe I’ll get an email to be one of there beta testers. :thinking:

3 Likes

What I would hope Rocksmith+ can do better is decide with parts it thinks it should present you to do slow in the riff repeater.

After I have played a song, most of the time I realize there is a passage I really should repeat a few times slow in the riff repeater. And it is NEVER one of those that Rocksmith suggests.

3 Likes

This is my gripe with the RS+ too. Developers love the subscription model because in theory it’s an endless source of income. The new interface looks nice—I like the Yousician hommage on the bottom of the screen :laughing:—and I’m going to guess they’ve done a lot to address lag and note detection, but after buying the game twice (PS4 & PC) and spending hundreds on DLC, I am not inclined to subscribe at that price. If I could port my existing DLC then maybe, but I still find it expensive for what it is.

What I would like is for Rocksmith to allow the user to select specific notes to focus on. Some of their selections are really long and it stinks if it’s just 2 notes at the end giving you trouble. The ability to narrow focus would be appreciated.

2 Likes

My impression is that everything will be available with the subscription. If that doesn’t include all their currently available DLC, then that would be a real WTF moment IMO…

2 Likes

Seems unlikely that it would since it is a completely new game, no?

It would be pretty unusual for a new game to support prior game DLC. I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

RS2014 supported “original” RS DLC.

They have a user base that has potentially spent $100s of dollars on DLC, and they’re going to tell them “tough dookie - we want you to subscribe to the new version and lose all that”? They’ve already licensed and created all those song files - I just don’t see the sense in them not utilizing them for the new version. It’s a built in library as soon as the new version is released - I can’t believe that their plan would be to start from scratch.

But, I’ve been wrong before… :slight_smile: And will be again…

3 Likes

It would be super cool if they did.

1 Like

It might be that all the old DLC will be there from the beginning, but it could also be that it will all be made available over time.
Probably depends on if the data can be used as is in the new program or if they need to adapt it a bit.

3 Likes