Visual artists?

Don’t know anything about painting, @Celticstar . . . :thinking: . . . But that looks like a really good quality easel. Nice and compact, easily portable, little drawers for supplies, etc.

Roughly, how much does something like that cost? . . . Just curious.

Cheers
Joe

I am an oil painter and just rented a half-sized double bass to try. Examples of both in pic. Does anybody have double bass tips? I will humbly

provide painting tips.

2 Likes

About $150 Canadian.

1 Like

You should start a separate topic for this.
Just sayin :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, @Celticstar . . . watching one of Bob Ross’s old TV episodes is about as close to oil painting as I’m ever going to get, but I really DO like that easel . . . :wink:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

@Paula_C could check out this topic to get started:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

@Celticstar Did you ever see the film “Tim’s Vermeer”, in which a man tries to replicate one of Vermeer’s paintings, using camera obscura and only uses materials from Vermeer’s time?

3 Likes

in addition to my budding bass career i also do a range of different visual arts: furniture, sculpture, collage, wet darkroom photograms, etc. my practice kind of mashes everything together. if you scroll back thru my insta (https://www.instagram.com/mgoldst/) you can see a lot more work.

6 Likes

No I have not but thank you for the information. I checked several streaming sites but so far no luck.
I’ll keep looking and again thank you for the information.

@mgoldst Those are fabulous! Love the coffee (err milk?) table, it looks like it could be changed into different configurations. The last piece, are the collage pieces inlaid? Really unique!

1 Like

There are a few on Amazon.com. Here’s a link to one for $99.95 USD

https://www.amazon.com/Artist-Quality-French-Hardwood-Varnished/dp/B00U77KQIM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=I2SJGK8EQ9B2&keywords=french+easel&qid=1644444966&sprefix=french+easel%2Caps%2C83&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExTTVBUk04NEVBR1RQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTAwNDQwMjJSRlZNOTdaVjhXTiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzI3OTI0M1RVN1k1UDZJV0oyNSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

1 Like

Some Bob Ross music for you all to paint along to.

3 Likes

I mentioned it because I saw it in the theater a few years ago, and somewhere online today saw it is available on Amazon Prime. I happen to have a trial of Prime right now, so will probably try to view it again. Very interesting film as I recall it. We had Netflix for a while, but it never showed up there.

Also at Plaza Art stores (prices online):
Plaza French Sketch Box Easel $101.99
Art Alternatives Sonoma Sketch Box Easel $101.99
Art Alternatives Merced Table Sketch Box Easel $79.99
Art Alternatives Marquis Desk Easel $38.99
Bob Ross Travel Easel $28.99

Brick and mortar stores located mostly in the mid-Atlantic U.S., with two in/near Cincinnati, OH, and one in Nashville, TN.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Celticstar and @Never2Late and @Barney . . . :slight_smile:

I don’t know why I’m so drawn to this thing! :upside_down_face:

OK, so if I ever take up painting, I’ll know where to get one of them then. :wink:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Really love seeing all the art everyone’s done. I think a lot of artists are into a lot of different creative outlets since we’re all pretty tuned-in to not just the cause of making something, but sharing an emotional experience with others. I think that’s especially true of those of us who enjoy the expressive, visceral thump-thumps of the bass guitar.

Anyway – I know a lot of you guys know I’m a professional cartoonist, but I don’t think I’ve shared my paintings or masks here, yet. As fine art goes, this is the kind of stuff that I love to create (and want to find more time for). Hope you like them!

3 Likes

Damn! Not so much a fan of the rest (personal taste) But this one is really good. Reminds me of a crossover of old-school skateboard graphics and metal album covers from 80/90s. So good.

2 Likes

thank you! yes those are ‘dimensional collages’ out of wood with other inlaid materials.

1 Like

@Never2Late are you from the Cinci area?

@chordsykat The masks as so cool!

1 Like