Vox amPlug 2 Bass Headphone AMP - good headphones

Hey! I’m looking for any good and cheap headphones for this amp. Any recommendations? I’ve been thinking of SENNHEISER IE 4

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @MiroslavB! For my amplug I use my Sony MDR-EX650APB which is also fine for listening music. I think you just need earplugs that can produce good bass. I also had a Sennheiser CX 3.00 but those sounded way to thin in my opinion. Josh said the same thing about Apple earbuds if I remember correctly.

1 Like

I like my one odio I got from Amazon. Work great with my vox headphone amp and connected to my practice amp (Fender rumble 25)

Check them out…

2 Likes

For not much more than the price of those you can get real studio monitors, not in-ear earbuds. I’d recommend looking at AKG K240’s and Sony MDR-V6.

While the IE 4 are intended as in-ear monitors, I think the sound quality would be better for studio monitors.

They do look pretty awesome for earbuds though.

1 Like

I have an inexpensive set of AKG K72’s that do well enough. They were only $49, but they work fairly well.

3 Likes

Thank you! Oh yeah they look nice actually. Yeah, he said. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

They look nice, thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

@MiroslavB Welcome to BassBuzz!

When you have time, join us on the Introduce Yourself! thread.

A lot of us have used the Vox AmPlug. Josh recommends using the same type of headphone/earbuds that you would use for listening to music. Although, like @Paul said, he does advise getting something with good bass response.

I usually use a pair of old Bose earbuds that I love the sound of.
If I’m studying my sound and playing with EQ settings I use a pair of Linsoul KZ ZS10 Pro in ear monitors.

1 Like

Thank you, I will!
Thank you for your recommendation :slight_smile:

1 Like