Wanted - Fender Prophecy III

I am wanting to buy a Fender Prophecy III bass. They seem to be rare and hard to find. If anyone knows or sees one for sale, please let me know.

Thanks!

3 Likes
6 Likes

That’s a Fender??? Wow! Never seen one before, and if I had, I probably wouldn’t have pegged it a Fender… :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I will be heartbroken if it turns out the OP is not the buyer.

2 Likes

Because technically it isn’t.
Looks like they borrowed the name

The Fender Prophecy II Bass was a Japanese-made, limited-edition bass guitar which was a significant departure from the well-known traditional Precision Bass and Jazz Bass. It was actually produced by Heartfield (a subsidiary of Fender) in Japan’s Fujigen Gakki factory

3 Likes

There wa a guy selling one on Talkbass in December. He also has a rare jazz CIJ Aerodyne that I want for sale in the same post. Doesn’t say he ever sold either but now he is listed as inactive!! Sigh.

1 Like

Thanks for the background, John! So much new to learn every day… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh man, a Fujigen? So, potentially better than an MIA Fender then :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really hope @grrlpilot4 is the one that bought this.

If not, there’s a Prophecy II in blue that looks pretty great too. Some wear and tear on it though.

2 Likes

Very cool, reminds me a little of the blue Warwick I had. It also has an Ibanez vibe to it.

I sent you a private email as well. How much are you asking for this bass? Are you willing to ship to another state? I see the fretboard looks worn. Is that real wear or dirt/buildup? I assume the bass is working well?

Thanks!

1 Like

Woh. When looking at the related listings, I found this guy. It has a place to hold your picks! That’s really cool. I just jam mine right next to my pickups… which is probably not the best for the instrument?

I got it! I sent you an email back.

1 Like

I think that’s just a pick holder stuck on the bass with some glue or double-sticky tape. It looks a lot like this Dunlop 5005 pick holder, which comes with such an adhesive.

2 Likes

@grrlpilot4 I really hope you found one! I have one, lucked out to get it from a friend of a friend 15+ years ago. Plays like butter. It had Bartolini pickups in it when I got it and has a fantastic warm tone.

1 Like

I have a new perfect Prophecy III produced in the 1st month of production in the Fujigen Gakki plant. STAMPED serial number and HEARTFIELD logo, which are much rarer than the Fender labeled ones.

4 Likes

Nice!!! Neck through and 22 frets, very unusual for Fender. Love the satin finish.