Wanted - Fender Prophecy III

I am wanting to buy a Fender Prophecy III bass. They seem to be rare and hard to find. If anyone knows or sees one for sale, please let me know.

Thanks!

2 Likes
6 Likes

That’s a Fender??? Wow! Never seen one before, and if I had, I probably wouldn’t have pegged it a Fender… :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I will be heartbroken if it turns out the OP is not the buyer.

2 Likes

Because technically it isn’t.
Looks like they borrowed the name

The Fender Prophecy II Bass was a Japanese-made, limited-edition bass guitar which was a significant departure from the well-known traditional Precision Bass and Jazz Bass. It was actually produced by Heartfield (a subsidiary of Fender) in Japan’s Fujigen Gakki factory

2 Likes

There wa a guy selling one on Talkbass in December. He also has a rare jazz CIJ Aerodyne that I want for sale in the same post. Doesn’t say he ever sold either but now he is listed as inactive!! Sigh.

1 Like

Thanks for the background, John! So much new to learn every day… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh man, a Fujigen? So, potentially better than an MIA Fender then :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really hope @grrlpilot4 is the one that bought this.

If not, there’s a Prophecy II in blue that looks pretty great too. Some wear and tear on it though.

2 Likes

Very cool, reminds me a little of the blue Warwick I had. It also has an Ibanez vibe to it.