Warmoth Bass Builds

I’m interested in peoples experience using Warmoth.com. Share them here.

6 Likes

I have been searching for a jazz neck to go on my MIM P bass that is all red and gold and did not realize these guys had so many options (duh!). Now to decide…ugh, colors, grains, yikes.

3 Likes

I’ve built one strat and 2 short scale p basses with their parts. They’ve all been great, but their p pickup body routs are too deep for short pickups like fender. You’ll have to get longer pickup screws and either put more foam under them or make a shim. All of their short scale necks are also predrilled for schaller ultralite tuners; my chrome set aren’t too bad but my gold set were squeaky and sloppy. You can get the neck without tuner holes tho

3 Likes

Playing around on their site and I’m already up to $700 for just the body and neck.

3 Likes

Do you mean the tuner holes were sloppy?

2 Likes

No the schaller ultralite tuners themselves. The use a nylon bushing on the knob and they’re like half plastic. Those specific tuners use two locating studs so if you were going to use a different set of tuners just be mindful

3 Likes

They are exactly like fender builds but different badge. Its more difficult to sell than fender.

It gets pricey really quickly unless you get the base model. I worked with both base model and exotics model of the jazz bass.

What I found is not everyone wants an off brand/ diy bass regardless of the cost of the build. They are excellent build but it’s just not for resale. That’s the deal killer for me.

3 Likes

I’m not worried about that. If I do it, it would be because I want to build something just for me.

4 Likes

I researched reds with them. That’s about the extent of my experience! :grin:

4 Likes

Transparent and Dakota are nice. Dye looks nice too but it’s over flame maple so not fair.

Shell Pink is of course the winner :rofl:

3 Likes

Does anyone know of a place you can buy replacement necks that you can have them paint the headstock?

2 Likes

hey @eric.kiser ! I used to build a Telecaster (guitar) from Warmoth parts, it has been my main guitar for 2 or 3 years. also a few friends of mine did similar assemblies from Warmoth parts, so I had the opportunity to play a few Warmoth instruments. From my experience, these parts compare in quality to the Fender Custom Shop , or very high end Musicman. hard to beat.

5 Likes

Warmoth website says they do.

3 Likes

I guess I have to call them as you can’t do it with the selector

3 Likes

Yep email or call.

1 Like

Thanks @terb. It’s good to hear some success stories.

2 Likes