Watch "The Bar-Kays "Holy Ghost"" on YouTube

Ok on not sure if I posted this in the right place. If anyone can tell me for next time. Anyway I wanted to share a song with you all.
5 Likes

Thanks for your post, @mariacp

We regularly post YT vids on the "Share some good music" Friday thread :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh ok! so I will post another tomorrow on that thread :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks, @mariacp! Also, over the months, we have sort of agreed that everyday is Friday in BassBuzzLand :grin:

4 Likes

yeah “friday” is not really a day : more a keyword to use in the search engine if you’re looking for this thread :joy:

3 Likes

I had a religious experience in Memphis.
I was on tour with a string band, and we had a day off, and some of us went to the Stax Museum.
I was writing down names the whole time, and spent the next months listening to Stax singles by bands I’d never heard of before.
So so so so rad.
Thanks for sharing this! So good.

2 Likes

Hey I’m glad you liked it too, I will post another later! @Gio what is one of your favorite Stax singles?

2 Likes

I really really like this groove:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGFeFWTU_Cc
And tons of others - but I didn’t save them as I listened, so I’ve forgetten a bunch of the gems.
There’s a great compilation I found on Spotify - the complete Stax-Volt singles. I just put this on and cruised. So much good (and bad) stuff in there.

3 Likes