Weird Practice Trick

Today I was sitting on hold with ‘AIDVantage’, the student loan processor, because I can’t get into my account and payments are resuming and my payment is due on the 4th.

I’m sixty, BTW, and haven’t taken a student loan since the late 80s. I owe about 1500 bucks.

sigh. Anyway…

On hold. Repetitive sh*tty hold music…pretty generic beat loop…with a bit of a groove to it, really…there’s a clear and simple bass line…lemme see…

Pretty soon, I’ve got the door closed, the phone on speaker, my bass strapped on, I’ve figured out which notes are the bassline, and have been practicing with the loop for like 15 minutes.

I’m still on hold. Back to practicing.

28 Likes

Love the one you’re with.

5 Likes

Way to go! Turning a “problem” into an opportunity!! Good stuff!

Call them again today and start playing over that ditty - improvise a little :wink:

5 Likes

Wound up hanging up after an hour and a half, so yeah, that’s the plan :smiley:

2 Likes

When the world gives you lemons, bake a lemon meringue pie, and make some limoncello to go with it.

3 Likes

Restaurant the other day, just listening to the bass line…without realizing it, I was analyzing it. Is this a blues? 1-4-5 …or…

2 Likes

Quitter! Need 12 hours at least. They did say your call is important to them, didn’t they?

2 Likes

Hate being on hold, but sometimes hold music has some funk to it I find myself enjoying. Not that I am about to start calling the cable company when I want to hear some tunes.