Well, Covid

Has struck the Jones household. Got a positive result today. At least I’ll be able to practice bass uninterrupted for 10 days of quarantine. And I was vaccinated. Damn!

11 Likes

Ugh, sucks. Good luck, man. Best wishes to you and your family for not having serious symptoms.

Hopefully will be mild. Super glad you’re vaccinated. Vaccination just means you are much, much better at fighting it off, of course, not that you won’t get it. We’re all going to get it at some point - it’s endemic now, because people didn’t take it seriously enough.

10 Likes

Shit. So sorry, man. My wife & I, both fully vaccinated, have been debating her going back to her home town to see her sisters for the first time in 2 years, not to mention my daughter’s postponed wedding celebration later this year. We coming down on the side of NOPE.
I hope everything is as mild as possible, and you get to play bass for a week or two without guilt. Keep us posted & if you need anything, let us know.

10 Likes

Hope you and your family get or stay well

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about your positive result @EddieJones
Hopefully you’ll have a mild reaction.
On a positive note…… 10 days bass practice :metal:t2::partying_face:

4 Likes

Best wishes man, keep us in the loop.

May not help. but all the beds in my hospital are full, and not one patient has been vaccinated. So you did the right thing.

9 Likes

This has turned into the most common story of 2021. Places where they played down the need to be vaccinated are now having to call in help from other states.

9 Likes

well said by howard, get well soon.

4 Likes

Sucks man. Best wishes for a quick recovery for everyone. As others have said, vaccinated cases are becoming more common, but they’re less severe. I know my husband and I are anxiously waiting for a consensus on the kids’ version of the vaccine. Our daughter’s the only one without it, but with school starting and this delta variant going around, it’s straight up nerve-wracking. Get some rest, don’t delay on getting to a hospital if you need extra care, and enjoy the time off!

7 Likes

+1 here. Severe or not severe, I still worry about long term effects we don’t fully understand as well.

Be safe people.

7 Likes

Yeah, the fact that there’s been measurable lung damage in asymptomatic cases is pretty scary. There will probably be health fallout for the next 20 years or more as people deal with the aftereffects of even moderate cases.

5 Likes

This is the big worry. AFAIK the virus gains entry by binding to the ACE 2 receptor, and these are found throughout the body - including the brain. It may be years before the true effects are known…

4 Likes

Yep, and meanwhile new infections are setting records. The US just hit 40M total cases, with 4M in the last month. 10%.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that, really. I hope your symptoms aren’t too bad and that you get over it quickly.

2 Likes

Whoa .That’s going to be a public health timebomb over the next few years

3 Likes

With each variant becoming more transmissible than the last, it might just be a matter of time before the rest of us get it too. The key is to be fully vaccinated and to take the booster when it becomes available.

6 Likes

Yup. And probably yearly boosters after that.

4 Likes

Finally leading the world in something…

3 Likes

Good luck with your recovery!

My wife and I caught Covid before the shot was available to the masses. Rest played a big part in our recovery. Since you are fully vaccinated, hopefully your symptoms will be minimal.

We live in FL and have fully vaccinated friends who have also gotten break-tru infections. Some had minimal symptoms, some had full blown symptoms (mother-in-law is one of them), and some ended up in the hospital.

We have nurse friends who have also told us some have died as well, but the general consensus is that if you are vaccinated you have a better chance as long as your body still has antibodies.

The good news is that new research is pointing to the fact that Natural Immunity is 13 times better than vaccination immunity, so you will have better protection moving forward.

Also , with the C.1.2 variant coming out of South Africa, the shot might not be worth a darn here pretty soon. Let’s hope not.

2 Likes

There was a panelist on RealTime with Bill Maher, Donna Brazile who joking said “You know we are in trouble when they start using Greek letters, once we get to Omega, we are all screwed”.

5 Likes