Well...I'm going to do it

I’ve made the decision to sell 11 of my basses (and keeping 6, which is probably still too many). I’m going to keep all 4 that I built (Poison Apple J, Turquoise Waters P, The Moolah Bass and the Taxibacker) plus the Gretsch G2220 because it’s short scale, and Jenny, the Ibanez I bought from my guitar repairman Terry at Guitar Junkyard and rebuilt. The rest I’ve decided to sell including the Mikro and the thunderbird. I’m not sure if it’ll be good to do it on Reverb or eBay or Facebook Marketplace though. What are your thoughts everyone?

5 Likes

Is there a good place to get bass guitar boxes? The ones I’ve seen are really expensive. I won’t use one with the Thunderbird because it has a hard case, but the rest will need to be bubble wrapped and put into the shipping boxes.

3 Likes

I’ve been able to get boxes for free from my local guitar shops, but I’ve never needed 11 of them. You might try asking if they have any and if they can keep back ones as they get them.

3 Likes

If you have any music stores nearby, ask for some guitar boxes they’re throwing out/recycling.

I bought a bass (in a hard shell case) from a guy in New Zealand, and he found it impossible to find a bass shipping box for it.

He ended up getting a couple of guitar boxes from his local store and cutting/taping them together to create a box for my bass. That’s nowhere near as convenient as using a single, dedicated bass box, but it worked.

3 Likes

I’ve seen them on Reverb. Heavy duty boxes about $20 each. Can’t vouch for the quality.

3 Likes

Those would probably work @Barney I don’t plan on selling all 11 at the same time, so 5 boxes would work. If they’re flimsy I have plenty of tape.

2 Likes

Personably, I would go with FB Marketplace first as there are no fees. I’ve just sold two basses and an amp (separately) via marketplace. Just be aware of the scammers - “I’ll send my mother’s brother’s courier company to pick it up. Can you pay for some insurance, that I’ll reimburse you for….” etc.

I shipped the amp, once the guy had paid me directly into my bank account, and the basses were cash on collection.

I have bought three basses through eBay, one was shipped to me and the other two I collected. All three were exactly as described, so happy with that. I have also bought through Marketplace - two amps and three basses…

Yes, it’s an addiction!!

3 Likes

How’s the culling going @athosmr2003 ?

1 Like

The big problem with buying on Facebook is shipping. There’s no buyer protection so if you keep the money and don’t send the amp. It’s a PIA for the buyer. The upside of Ebay / Reverb is the buyer protection.

But I’ve sold a few guitars locally for cash no problem through it. I had one guy show up with half the cash and a bag of weed, for the balance. Yeah no sorry there buddy :sunglasses:

Nice work in the Dingwall.

2 Likes

I usually put on Reverb/Craigslist/Marketplace. Reverb has been the best for selling, but they also take the largest cut.

1 Like

I bought it on eBay. It was local to me, so I picked up, rather than rely on a courier / the postal service, which made me feel better, given its value.

I will be listing a Spector, sometime over the next 24 hrs, on FB Marketplace though…:wink:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Nothing is local to me because, well Canada :wink: You can fit the UK inside BC multiple times. So post it is.

can-uk__500x337

5 Likes

it’s like Hudson Bay drooled on New York

1 Like

Canada was playing bass?

1 Like

Local in Canada: within a day’s drive.

2 Likes