What a raw deal

Besides the issues with some of our family, I have a gripe…

It’s International Guitar Month…There should be an International Bass Month! Talk about being under appreciated! I listen to SiriusXM every day and have to listen to them promote their International Guitar Month channel and think about the raw deal we bass players get.

6 Likes

Cheer up, if you put any store in these made up completely pointless days then International Put a pillow on your Fridge day is coming up.
TL;DR it’s all bollocks

5 Likes

It’s raw numbers, man. The number of guitars in the world (of all varieties and configurations) is unimaginably astronomical.

I’ve been to the NAMM show many times and the plethora of various guitar manufacturers, brands, and vendor booths was dizzying.

Oh yeah, and some booths had basses on display.

5 Likes

We play the bass guitar anyway :rofl:

5 Likes

Still, it would be nice if SiriousXM would mention a few bass players :smiley:

4 Likes

If it’s any comfort at all, Guitar Center’s “Guitar-A-Thon” includes bass gear XD

4 Likes

@athosmr2003 one should always keep the question ‘ Cui bono?’ at the back of your mind!

3 Likes

Just think about all the instruments which don’t get their own month, either.

4 Likes

When the hell is hurdy gurdy month!? When!?

6 Likes

Baritone guitar gets even less love :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

If I wanted the attention I’d play guitar or dress like Gene Simmons.

Most people can’t name a bass player past Gene.

3 Likes

I can’t name Gene. Many others, though.

3 Likes

For $50,000, Gene can name you :rofl:

5 Likes

Honestly, most bass players are happy to be in the background, sort of heard, not seen. There are a few exceptions like Gene or Paul McCartney or Sting or Geddy or Tony Lewis, frontmen who DO play bass.

1 Like

3 Likes

Is he having a sale?

3 Likes

Before i started playing bass, i thought bass players were just failed guitar players :joy: I mean really, why would a skilled musician choose to play bass if they could play guitar or piano??? :laughing:

I followed Bela Fleck for several years and never noticed Victor Wooten lol

I never would have guessed Gene played bass, i still only have a 50% chance of remembering that now :smiley:

1 Like

Gene Simmons wasn’t exactly an important figure in my musical taste at the time. I was way more into heavier metal then, and more interesting/quirky rock like Rush or BOC, and after that punk and new wave, before finally landing on post-punk, industrial, goth and electronica.

KISS were more lumped in with glam-rock with my peer group.

4 Likes

I was… very against listening to Kiss for some reason. I did, and like some of their songs, but I just didn’t think they were some super awesome amazing band. I don’t ever go back and listening to anything these days, though.

I could have also done without hearing my mother mention Gene Simmons’ and his tongue :rofl:

4 Likes

Unless you’re The Bunn!
He’s me new favorite YouTube dood. Totally appreciate his journey and effort with baritone dedication.

2 Likes