What About Capo's

Oh yes that works nicely :slight_smile:

… also a J …

really I don’t like the sound of the J, but I love the way it sits in a mix. so … yeah. valid.

1 Like

Its thinner, hollow scoop can work really well in some cases. Not usually my thing though yeah.

depends if you want to ear the notes or the growl at some point :grin:

1 Like

Yeah I am all about the punchy P goodness myself but I can appreciate what Opeth and Syberia did there. That did sound pretty killer.

pg.lost too I think, need to check.

1 Like

There are Js, and then there are Js. Not all sound alike. Differents brands can and do sound very different from one another.

My Sire V8 is way versatile and has tons of tones in it, and it sounds ballsy as hell. It can thump with the best P, if that is called for.

2 Likes

I’ve actually had the luxury of owning the same bass in both a J/J and P/J configuration. Really helped solidify things for me.

Not to mention same brand Fender with 2 pickups locations and preamp can also sound distinctively different, case and point, ‘62 jazz with the stacked volume/tone for each pickups offer wider range of tone than the 2 volume and one tone knob same goes to the vol/ blend/ tone there’s a difference.

Next and more in your face difference is the ‘75 jazz with the bridge pickup further away from the neck pickup and much closer to the bridge offering much brighter tone.

1 Like

Yep, I owned one of those.

1 Like

There are J’s and then you have hundreds of (pre)amp options. I never understood why people are so hung up on just the sound of the bass without any processing. To me the fx, (pre)amp and cab are evenly as important for your sound.

For me it is more about the look & feel of the bass.

2 Likes