What are you struggling with?

Apparently, I’m struggling with timing on a song I thought I was ready to record. I’ve done two takes on it–one yesterday, one today–and in both takes, I’m rushing in several places, and dragging in some places. I don’t hear it when I’m playing the song, but it is pretty obvious when I listen to the recording. It isn’t a consistent place or amount of timing being off. At one point I was at least a beat and a half fast for about half a measure. It’s an 11 minute song, so if it was just one little place I’d just punch in a better take, but it’s in multiple places.

It’s just frustrating that I can’t hear it while I’m actually playing. I’d think there was a problem with the recording itself (and not my playing), if it didn’t lock in for chunks.

2 Likes