What are you struggling with?

thanks, it’s really annoying. I am stuffing my laundry in a trash bag because I can lift it one handed. Typing this one handed. Really annoying

But on the bright side I’ve been having issues with this for 10 months and now it’s finally busted so maybe it will heal and get some attention from doctors

6 Likes

Good luck. Hopefully you’re already starting to feel better

2 Likes

We are all falling apart here. I hope you get things fixed up and that you have a quick recovery.

3 Likes

Epidural jab in my neck Monday.
Hoping this does some sort of trick.
Months long pain is crap.

7 Likes

good luck man

3 Likes

I second that, good luck! Hope it does the thing!

3 Likes

Hope it offers relief. Get well mate

3 Likes

Good luck @John_E !

2 Likes

Hoping for the best for ya @John_E!

1 Like

All the best @John_E! I had a similar procedure for back pain way back when. The surgeon did a great job and it gave me great relief, and the chance to work on physical therapy. I’m rooting for you! :crossed_fingers:

As for me, I played a very fun, small gig on Friday. I practiced a lot in between work and so on, so I never warmed up or watched my form. Hence a sore thumb. Yes, I literally have a sore thumb, that’s all I got. My girlfriend taped it for me, and I’m taking the weekend off.

What irks me is that I always run into stuff like this. On the plus side, most problems like that go away when I really study technique and do warm ups and such.

Aside from this, I’m struggling at work mentally. I slid into the wrong project a good 18 months ago and now I have to reset, redo, re-everything, all while feeling useless and lazy. Wish me luck and grant me strength, y’all. :heart:

Ciao
Antonio

6 Likes

A lot of us are in this kind of place recently. Bad times don’t last forever. You’ll make it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m just in a rut. I’m afraid of failing… It doesn’t make sense but I am struggling to motivate myself.
Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Stop trying too hard! (Stress on “too”).

There is no forcing it!

I often feel that I need to play catch up because I have a certain age and I should have started playing bass decades ago, and that easily gets me into a tail-spin… if I let it.

Step away from bass entirely for a few days. Just don’t lock the bass away.

Then come back. Play a song you like and know how to play. Have fun. Enjoy. Rekindle your childish joy of making sounds that turn into music.

Failing is an option… but not the only one! Indeed, just one out of many!

5 Likes

If you’re talking about bass, I’d look around for a new / fun song to play. Maybe something with a crazy slide and ripping bass solo.

3 Likes

100% agreed!

2 Likes

Read….

You can’t succeed without failing.

2 Likes

I want to impress my wife! I like metal but I’m struggling to play “Rainy Days And Mondays” for her. I’ve been practicing when she is not around.

5 Likes

Thank you for the advice. I’ll be getting this book today!

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. You make great points.
I used to play years ago and am now wanting to get back up and going. I also feel like I have to cram to get back to where I was. It’s that self imposed mental pressure that I have to eliminate and just enjoy any and all minor ‘victories’.
Lose the paralysis by over analysis and just pluck those strings!
Thank you.

3 Likes

It’s not easy… but, it’s really the only “sane” choice!

Good luck!