What are your favorite slow/laid back bass lines to play?

Funky and fast paced bass lines get all the love, so I was just wondering what are some more slow and low key bass lines that people enjoy playing? A few of mine are Stand by Me, Dear Prudence, and Put Your Records On by Corrine Bailey Rae.

3 Likes

the walking bass line for “nightlife ain’t no good life” going from the major to the 7th, major to the minor and getting them all in and still winding up where you can hit the downbeat one of my absolute favorites.

2 Likes

Mine are currently:

3 Likes

This is one of my favorite laid back tunes and bassline, which is why I chose it for a cover

4 Likes

I haven’t looked at it yet but “Why” by Annie Lenox came to mind

5 Likes

Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.

5 Likes

I’m enjoying playing “ Here without you “ by 3 Doors Down and a very basic version of Adele’s “When we were young “ at the moment for something a bit chilled.

4 Likes

I discovered this in Rocksmith. Love the tune :grin:

3 Likes

It depends, old favorite of mine is Fever

3 Likes

Wade In The Water - Herb Alpert & TJB
Stay tuned for a cover of this song…

2 Likes

Mexico by Cake, I find it to be fun and relaxing to play.

2 Likes

a few examples here :grin:

https://basse.laurentberta.com/category/stoner-sludge-grunge-doom/

6 Likes

My current project, and one of my favorite songs.

And this particular version. Eric is arguably better on guitar the night before, but Bobby lights up the keys on this and takes it to a new level. And Jim drumming balls out for 17+ minutes straight lol. And Carl just holding down that line. So under appreciated as a bassist.

If this doesn’t make you smile you need to get right with the Lord, because there’s something missing in your life :grin:

https://youtu.be/ntp6y_sv10Y

2 Likes

Bob Marley - No Woman No Cry
First bass line I ever sight read, and I still love it

2 Likes

The Pixies - Hey

Simple line that loops back around for the verses, a ramp up into the chorus, and chugging on eighths.

2 Likes

Wonderful Tonight by Clapton. Sweet little baseline that supports a sweet little song.

2 Likes

Into my Arms by Nick Cave. Beautifully repetitive and melodic in the chorus section. I find it so calming to play.

5 Likes