What are your musical dreams?

What are you aiming towards with bass playing? Is it just for the love of playing the instrument? Do you want to be playing in a band? Any particular type of gigs or style of music?

Personally, my musical goals have shifted over time, and continue to do so. As time goes on I care less about having a big flashy career and more about mastering my craft just for the sake of it, and then making connections and playing music with people I actually like being around when we’re not playing.

My dream would be to play YYZ through with no mistakes upon demand.

My dream is just to be proficient. I’ll figure out my next dream, once I get there.

I simply want to become a great bass guitar player, whether I get noticed or not, I don’t really care honestly. My dream is to be able to write and play music that delivers a positive and understanding message and be able to show up to any gig, jam session or whatever and completely fulfill my role as a bass player, adding creativity and individuality to my bass lines in any genre of music.

Good question. I want to feel confident enough to play in front of friends and family. I’d like to be talented and be the best player I can be considering I’m starting bass at 46.

My better half is astoundingly musical and able to pick up almost any instrument. Most of my in-laws play something. My father-in-law played bass in a popular regional band.

I haven’t touched an instrument since my teens and they were not similar in any way. So I hope to relearn some theory and music reading. I’m crossing my fingers I’ll learn to play along without needing music eventually so I can jam with them some. You get the idea.

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. This is my first step!

Nice! Not sure if you’ve seen it already but I did a cover on my personal Youtube channel a while back -

I did see that video. You’re really rockin the bass-face in it :grinning:

Haha, the bass face is unstoppable. :sunglasses:

so great, and I you were cracking me up during the part where you weren’t playing :rofl:

Haha good, that was the comedy routine part of the video. :clown_face: