What is the Garage Band equivalent for Windows

Can I install Garageband Windows app?

3 Likes

No. It’s iOS locked. The equivalent would be probably Reaper, which is also “free”.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve been using Reaper and its really nice. Once you get over the basics of how to use it, it can be simple.

Once I learned why my recorded bass line didn’t line up with the imported music track it all started to come together really well. It’s been a very good learning experience to record my bass playing along with songs and then sit back and listen to how I did.

Reaper has a try out version you can use to check it out.

https://www.reaper.fm/

While the free try out version last forever - I like to support software developers so I bought it for $60 one of the best software values I have ever come across.

8 Likes

I suck at modern computers. I downloaded reaper, watched a few tutorials for recording covers and had it figured it out in an afternoon. I also tried a bunch of other free ones, but found reaper to be most intuitive…i am a menu/file folder kinda guy-- not flashy icons arranged in non linear logic.

3 Likes

I have a MacBook and still use reaper because it was too much effort to learn GarageBand :-). and some of the Reaper plugins are just really good too.

1 Like

and the funny thing is, most people either don’t know they are there, or skip them because of the spartan UI’s :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I found Roland go mixer pro very EZ to make videos with quality audio. I do use reaper just to record audio. But for audio video. Roland go pro,does good job. It’s a little expensive at 150.00 but just record and play. Downloaded app. you cut video to add text, pictures and trim video ect. I don’t spend much time making my videos. A couple of minutes.